“Bad experience”
Review of The Lawns

The Lawns
Ranked #21 of 31 Sandown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel is not what I would call 4 star really. The decor and the quality of service was more like 3 star. The food wasn't to my taste and we had to wait some time for breakfast each morning but I could forgive that. The thing that made our stay poor was the way the booking was organised.

I was told the deposit was taken out of my account some time prior to the holiday and then on the last day (on checking out) was told the deposit had not been taken after all and in fact only 77p had been taken! This meant on leaving the hotel I was £77 down on where I thought I'd be. The management didn't see fit to tell me that my deposit had not been taken when I was told it had. No apology, in fact, a junior member of staff was sent to tell me the bad news.

I would not stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sally6820

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at The Lawns with our three sons for a few nights and wish it could have been longer. The staff were great, rooms spacious and immaculate and breakfast fab! A lovely place to stay and we would most definitely stay here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014

A big thank you to Michelle the owner and all her staff. Stayed here for 3 nights in June, was welcomed with a lovely cup of tea and cake. The room was fantastic, very clean with everything you needed to make your stay good. Breakfast was lush. Michelle was very helpful and went out of her way to ensure her guests were comfortable. Will stay again most definitely.

Room Tip: Room 4 is a delux room with pleanty of space, located on the first floor. You can see the sea from t...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 June 2014

A friend and I stayed at The Lawns for 3 nights in early June. We shared a lovely twin room that looked out over the garden and, being higher up, gave us a view of the sea. The railway station, town and beach are all within easy walking distance. Breakfast was very generous with lots of choice and the service we received was friendly and efficient. All in all, a delightful place to stay. Clean, fresh, hospitable and well organised. Thanks Michelle! We hope to return later in the year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sharon L
Reviewed 3 October 2013

When no one else would book 1 night because of the bestiful, you did and we were very happy with the accommodation as we found it very clean and tidy. We booked the family room which had plenty of space for all of us. Breakfast was excellent. Hospitality was also excellent. Would we stay here again , definitely.

Room Tip: Family room was very light and peaceful as it was at the rear.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had the pleasure of staying here for a few nights in September, everything was lovely, the rooms, the perfect breakfast, the location which was close to the train station and also close to town and also Michelle the new owner who is a perfect hostess. Well done all the staff at the lawns, we will be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed at The Lawns for 4 nights in August, the new owner Michelle had recently taken over and she is a really nice, helpful lady, who goes out of her way to ensure the guests are well accommodated for. The rooms were clean, well serviced and had everything you need for a comfortable stay. It has a good size car park too. The breakfasts are freshly cooked, using good quality produce. The staff are attentive and very polite. I would highly recommend The Lawns to anyone reading this review. It's in a central location in Sandown with plenty to do and the Isle of Wight is a great holiday place. I would definitely stay here again should the opportunity arise. Good luck Michelle, hope all your plans come to fruition. Moira & Nigel (Saudi Arabia)

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family