“Lovely!”
Review of The Lawns

The Lawns
Ranked #18 of 31 Sandown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I would not hesitate to recommend The Lawns to anyone looking for a hotel within easy walking distance of Sandown. We only stayed one night in a double room but the room and en suite were immaculately clean with every convenience we wanted, including free wi-fi. Michelle and her staff could not have been more accommodating and friendly from finding us a secure place to store our bikes to offering us tea and breakfast on our arrival! The breakfast was plentiful with a wide selection of cereals, fruit, pastries, meats and cheeses as well as a choice of cooked breakfasts. There is also a lounge and bar area as well as a nice garden. I hope to stay there again soon.

• Stayed: July 2014

Reviewed 11 August 2014

My two friends and I stayed here for 5 nights the second week in July. We had a thoroughly enjoyable time, room was immaculate, loved the honesty bar and the fact that we could put stuff in the fridge in the lounge.

Breakfast was one of the best, great selection and cooked to order. Ignore the recent review about having to wait for breakfast .... this meant that it was cooked to order and was not left lying around being kept warm. Great choice as well ....

It's a very short walk from Sandown beach and nearby shops so no need to use the car

Michelle was very helpful and was a pleasure to deal with.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We were on the island for the weekend and my Husband made a mistake with the booking and put the wrong dates. (DOOFUS) So when we arrived on the island, after getting stuck on the M25 and missing the ferry by 5 minutes it was a bit of a trauma to discover we had nowhere to sleep. We went to the hotel we thought we were booked in, The Melville Hall in Sandown, and they gave us a room for the one night but had nothing for the following. My Husband managed to get a room using his mobile Internet at The Lawns. We went there and all we can say is we both wished we found it before!
We were met by the lovely owner Michelle who was so kind and friendly, she took us to our room and we were blown away. A beautiful room with an amazing bathroom with a free standing roll top bath! I was so happy! We had a wonderfully comfortable bed and there was not just tea and coffee but hot chocolate, cappuccino, latte, horlicks etc in the room. The breakfast was great and the waitress so friendly. The hotel is still being upgraded by Michelle and she has made a good job so far. We will definitely stay again and recommend it for a short break on the Island. (Especially the room we had!)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2014

This hotel is not what I would call 4 star really. The decor and the quality of service was more like 3 star. The food wasn't to my taste and we had to wait some time for breakfast each morning but I could forgive that. The thing that made our stay poor was the way the booking was organised.

I was told the deposit was taken out of my account some time prior to the holiday and then on the last day (on checking out) was told the deposit had not been taken after all and in fact only 77p had been taken! This meant on leaving the hotel I was £77 down on where I thought I'd be. The management didn't see fit to tell me that my deposit had not been taken when I was told it had. No apology, in fact, a junior member of staff was sent to tell me the bad news.

I would not stay here again.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank sally6820
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed at The Lawns with our three sons for a few nights and wish it could have been longer. The staff were great, rooms spacious and immaculate and breakfast fab! A lovely place to stay and we would most definitely stay here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 June 2014

A big thank you to Michelle the owner and all her staff. Stayed here for 3 nights in June, was welcomed with a lovely cup of tea and cake. The room was fantastic, very clean with everything you needed to make your stay good. Breakfast was lush. Michelle was very helpful and went out of her way to ensure her guests were comfortable. Will stay again most definitely.

Room Tip: Room 4 is a delux room with pleanty of space, located on the first floor. You can see the sea from t...