“Excellent Buffet Style Chinese Cuisine - Friendly Atmosphere”
Review of Asia Fusion - CLOSED

Asia Fusion
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Being a local in Sandown on the Isle of Wight, my wife Wendy and I tried the chinese evening buffet offered by Asia Fusion. The venue is an old working man's club, and remember it as such. During off-peak times (mid week) the buffet is cooked to order from an extensive choice.

As starter we tried the Chef's Special Platter for two. This was almost worth the price alone, the presentation was first class, offering a range of simply delicious finger samplings such as King Prawn in Batter, Satay Chicken, Breaded Chicken Wings, Spare Ribs, Prawn Toasts, Chicken Slices, Crispy Seaweed, Squid, and Pancake Rolls.

There is a good choice of main menu dishes, be careful when ordering as the portions can be generous in comparison to similar buffet arrangements. The dishes tried included sizzling Chicken in Black Bean Sauce, Schezuan King Prawns, Chicken Curry, and Char Sui pork; together with rice and a simply scumptious noodles with onion and beansprouts. The dishes were good quality, piping hot, and amongst the best I've personally experienced.

This is an all you can eat deal, suggest trying some modest selections first, you can always dishes later if your appetite is up to it. There is a selection of sweets, but I rather think most customers will be well and truly satiated by this stage (i.e. stuffed!).

They also offer alcholic drinks at reasonable (pub-like) prices, including draft beer.

The owner/staff were thoroughly friendly and engaging, and wish the new waitress who looked after us very well all the best. The venue is great for families and large groups, my wife and I will certainly be back and will recommend friends and family to join us.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Went with 2 others for buffet on a Sunday evening, pleasantly surprised after reading some of the reviews. Freshly cooked food, with plenty of choices, good value. Sunday is not help yourself but cooked to your requirements which meant fresh hot food. Very good food and good service, overall we thoroughly enjoyed our experience. No problems with car parking.

Reviewed 17 February 2014

booked a table for valantines evening, was tols we would get the eat all you want buffet , glass champagne and duck and pancakes, we were very dissapointed the service was so slow and there were not much main course choices , the starters were empty the main course was almost empty, waied over an hour and asking 4 times wheres our glass champagne and duck , to which we received duck , no more than 2 spoonfuls hoi sin sause 2 strips cucumber and 5 strips of spring onion , enough duck , and were tols theyd ran out of the champange , if we had been served correctly in the first place may have had some , first time weve been to a chinese hungry, didnt say anything as felt it was a bit open to others hearing, usually impressed regular customers and forever recommending , will not go again now and will not be recommending again

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I went here for my Birthday on a friday evening in January. I was asked what table I would like to sit at as we had booked. We were served our drinks after ordering them by a polite young man, I like the big teapot of Jasmine tea, and then we went to the Buffet to get our starters. I got a plate full of huge prawns in batter and lovely Peking style spare ribs crab claws , sesame prawn toast, sweet and sour sauce,etc, there is lots to choose from, all was very delicious and freshly cooked.
We ate this and then we went to get another plate of food and we had fresh clean hot plates again for the next course. They were loads of dishes and choices.
I got more King Prawns in batter, my favourite, sweet and sour chicken Hong Kong Style, everything is labelled so you know what is in the dishes, rice, noodles, chow mein, more ribs,
sweet and sour sauce, chicken balls, beef and mushrooms, there are even chips, and curries and more, but I did not want them, I would get too full up, my friend is a big eater and he had plenty on his second plate, let alone the first.
We ate this and then went for desserts, Toffee banana, toffee apple, a delicious coconut dessert, and even gateaux. I like the shell shape dishes for the desserts.
I even got sang to on the TV, Happy birthday both in English and Chinese!! and was given a little ice cream birthday cake. I have always found the owners very friendly and all the staff.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

It is a shame one reviewer had such a poor experience at this restaurant. His comments are the complete opposite to ours. The days of buffets served in big hot trays thankfully is over, and the ala carte buffet is the way forward. All the food we had was served piping hot and freshly cooked to our Liking. In particular, the salt chilli and garlic prawns were some of the best we have EVER eaten. The 'mar po' Tofu also was a delight. The menu provided was varied and catered for every taste.
We eat this style of buffet at least 3 times a month in London and to get this quality for £14 a head is incredible. The bad review you may have read is, I'm sure, a one off. If you like Chinese/oriental cuisine and want as much as your heart desires then go to Asian Fusion.....especially if hungry.