“Steaks rock! ”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Great setting looking over the sea. Food very good. Rib eye steak was super. Different way of cooking via a black Rock but seems to work well. Enjoy!

Reviewed 1 July 2014

The idea of steak on hot plate was new to me & i truly enjoyed the experience. You cook the meat to your own liking. The steak was fresh & tasty. I ordered an add-on of scallops for £8 and there were only 3 scallops. Not worth the money. I would recommend just the steak. I had ordered sirloin steak for £14. The deco & music were good.

The previous night I had visited the same restaurant for smoked salmon salad. It was only average. I would recommend the steak more than anything else.

1  Thank cocojen
Reviewed 1 July 2014

I visited this place last week and had a burger, it was home made and very nice, average value for money for the area. They do volcanic rock steaks but only in the evenings.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

During a break on the Isle of Wight we visited Legends in Sandown for a meal. Looking out to the open sea from our table, served by friendly, cheerful staff eating fantastic food, what more could you ask for?
We ordered Black Rock Steak - a plate in 3 sections: to the left chips, to the right salad and in the middle an extremely hot slab of granite, on which was a large piece of steak. Using a side plate, I transferred my steak off the granite and cut it into bite size pieces, cooking them individually. A great experience, food cooked just how you like it, a wide range of drinks on offer and desserts to die for........ if you have room of course.
My husband did complain to the staff however, "This experience has ruined my life, I will never be able to enjoy a steak dinner again!" well, until next time ;-)

Reviewed 1 July 2014

Went over to Isle of Wight for a short break and visited legends and yet again the food, staff and atmosphere never fails, had the Hawaiian burger and it was just amazing,big meaty burger topped with pineapple and salad severed in a brioche bun also comes with fries, salad and the most amazing homemade coleslaw I've ever had all washed down with a few of cocktails on offer. The seafront views were just beautiful having dinner and watching the sunset over sandown was beautiful, will definitely be going back to legends when next over amazing food at a amazing price and friendly staff thank you to all at legends

1  Thank Danielle-Loui