All reviews breakfast was delicious home from home coastal path excellent room train station comfortable bed a stones throw isle of wight nice stay linda hosts shanklin island hairdryer ferry
Reviewed 27 May 2018 via mobile

I had to visit the Isle of Wight under very sad circumstances. I expected to spend most of my time in my room...However, this was not to be. Within an hour of arriving, I had actually forgotten about my situation and felt as though I was among lifelong friends. The hosts were made for this industry! They’re extremely warm, friendly, kind, talkative and very funny, I was delighted to spend time getting to know them. They’re also very knowledgeable and provided lots of useful tips for getting the most out of my stay.
The house itself is very spacious, well-lit, clean and extremely comfortable, providing all the essentials and lots of extras. The garden is stunning, and the wild poppies were a particular highlight. The house is also conveniently located by the beach and boasts the most breathtaking views.
The breakfast was delicious and the portion sizes were very generous. I was also treated to a lovely cheese board.
I had not been to the Isle of Wight before, but thanks to the delightful hospitality of the hosts, I will definitely be visiting again!

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Stephen H, Owner at Haytor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2018

Thank you so much for your lovely review. We aim to please as you know. It was in sad circumstances they we met but it was a pleasure to meet you & we look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

This has been our fifth time here and we still enjoy it just as much. The breakfast is always delicious and the views are wonderful. We watched a moonrise over the sea which was spectacular. As always, we will be back again soon.

Date of stay: June 2017
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Had a nice stay here.

Hosts were friendly and talkative, room was clean, well sized and tastefully decorated. We enjoyed having the buzzing town of Sandown nearby, although it is not so close that the noise keeps you awake at night. Breakfast was great - plentiful and tasty and we also liked the decoration of the breakfast room. Excellent value for money.

Only slight downside was the mattresses were a bit hard and the hairdryer cut out after a short period of use and I'm not sure why.

Still, such issues were few and far between so overall a very positive and enjoyable stay and to be recommended.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2017

10 lovely days with Linda and Stephen at Haytor lodge, warm friendly family welcome.
Great room with view out over cliff top and garden, watched the thunder storm most of night- wow. Lovely choice for breakfast, Stephen cooks a lovely fresh breakfast for each person as they order with Linda waiting on.
Plenty of local knowledge and helpful advice. Nice garden to sit in if you had enough of travelling.
Cliff walks in evenings towards Sandown or Shanklin relaxing way to end day

Room tip: ask for cliff top view
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

I spent a lovely few days at Haytor Lodge. Linda and Stephen made me very welcome. The breakfast was excellent and the surroundings extremely comfortable and spotless. I shall most definitely return again very soon.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Stephen H, Owner at Haytor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2017

Thank you for your review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to seeing you again soon.