We stayed at the Fernside for 3 nights over the jubilee weekend at the start of June 2012 and had a brilliant stay.
The best bits:
1) Very welcoming and friendly atmosphere. The staff were really helpful throughout our stay.
2) The location- ideally located a short walk from the train station and the beach on a peaceful road- nice and close to bars and restaurants for you to stroll down.
3) Off road car parking facilities.
4) The hotel has good local contacts and knowledge- they can recommend good restaurants and can arrange bike hire etc for you.
5) The breakfast- definitely worth getting out of bed for.
6) The bar and separate seating area which are great for chilling out after a busy day of sightseeing.
7) Our room was spacious, comfy and clean.
We would highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay here again if we return to the Isle of Wight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A small, family-run licenced Guest House in an ideal location on the Isle of Wight, The Fernside offers a friendly atmosphere, comfortable accommodation and an excellent breakfast, just a few minutes walk from Sandown station and the town's award-winning beach. Whether you are on holiday or on business, Lawrie and Denise Davis offer a warm welcome and will ensure that your visit to The Fernside is relaxing and enjoyable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Fernside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Fernside Sandown, Isle Of Wight