All reviewsisle of wightshort stayguest housecooked breakfasttea coffeeenjoyable staygood sizeon arrivaldeniseislandpillows
Reviewed 27 February 2017

The perfect B&B for it's bargain price! I booked late as I had been let down by another place at the last minute, but the Fernside was fantastic.
The single room was perfect for me, very clean and a nice little bathroom attached. The staff were lovely and the breakfast was brilliant!
I still can't believe how cheap it was for the quality. I will definitely stay again!

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for a week good parking nice clean quite hotel.Bit dated but don't let that put you off.Breakfast was good service was great nothing was to much the owner was nice and always went the extra mile.Sandown it self needs some injection of cash to bring it up to standard with the rest of the islands towns once this happens it be a nice place again

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2016 via mobile

Located 5 minutes from the seafront this is a great place. Really friendly staff made you feel at home as soon as you checked in. The rooms are really nice with ensuite shower and telly. The breakfast was really hearty and the sausages were lovely. The only detractor for me personally was the beds whilst singles were a bit on the small side. That aside I would recommend this place wholeheartedly. Great value for money and booking over the phone they can help get reduced prices for the ferry adding to the savings even more. Thanks Laurie and Denise for a making a great trip even better.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Fernside, Owner at The Fernside, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2016

Thanks for the review. Its always good to know that we've got most of it right.
On the subject of the beds, all of our single beds are the standard 3ft type. We don't go for the smaller 2'6" here. I know that single beds can be a little awkward if you roll over in the night, and I guess from what you're saying you're more used to a double bed each. Unfortunately we don't have room for two double beds in a twin room. As much as we'd love to of course.
That being said, I gather it didn't detract too much from your stay, and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Fernside sometime.
Best regards
Lawrie.

Reviewed 26 August 2016

Had a lovely stay at the Fernside, the room was excellent with a TV, slept very well on a comfortable bed. The breakfast was the best I’d had in a long time and the prices were very reasonable. Excellent base for travelling the Isle of Wight as had a car park too. The owners were very friendly and you could tell they were passionate about their business.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Fernside, Owner at The Fernside, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2016

Thanks for your kind comments.
Glad to hear you had a good time. Hopefully we'll see you again soon.
Best regards.

Reviewed 19 August 2016

Just back from fantastic holiday in the Fernside, Sandown Isle of Wight. Rooms lovely and comfy with all you need. Breakfast to die for. Hosts Lawrie and Denise friendly and attentive. Have been going there for many years and will return.

Room Tip: front rooms on street have big windows to sit and gaze at the world going by.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple