“Excellent value, lovely hosts”
Review of Rooftree Hotel

and 1 more site!
Rooftree Hotel
Ranked #19 of 31 Sandown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here as a family for a short weekend break in mid July. The hosts were warm and welcoming, even though we arrived late due to ferry delays. The rooms were modern and comfortable with a recently refurbished bathroom and all the amenities you might need for a short stay. Bottled water, biscuits and a choice of hot drinks were in the room on arrival. They have a room downstairs for those who cannot manage the stairs which they offered to my nan if we retun (which I certainly would given the opportunity). Excellent location - just a short walk to the main high street with its shops, bars and restaurants. The owner made some helpful recommendations. Very high standard of breakfast. Lovely fruit salad and I loved the salmon and scrambled eggs! Nice thick creamy yoghurts and nothing too much trouble for the hard working hosts. The rooftree made a great weekend complete. Thank you from all of us!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mrcrdeacon

Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for the second year running with a group of 11 year olds. Tony and Debs can't do enough for you. Good food and accommodation (different for the kids from what the regular guests have but still excellent) and as a family themselves they really cared for our kids. So helpful and made the whole trip a million times easier. Wholeheartedly recommend, we're booking for next year!
Peter Hills School, Rotherhithe, London.

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 25 June 2014

A lovely little hotel.

Superb location, only 5 minutes walk from the pier and high street and restaurants etc. Friendly couple who run the hotel, and a nice breakfast too.

Room was nicely furnished (you don't often get a writing desk in a £66 room) and had a modern en suite.

As it was quiet (in terms of cars) we had the added bonus of parking right outside the front door :)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We chose to stay here based on good reviews and an affordable price which included breakfast. We received a warm welcome. Our recently refurbished room was spotless and modern. Really nice biscuits! We went out in the evening and loved being able to walk back from our meal. I slept well but none of the rooms have curtains, just blinds which meant that as soon as it isn't pitch black, I was woken up by the light. It also makes sleeping by the window quite cold. The only other issue was the electric shower which took 20mins to find a setting that wasn't freezing or scorching and took a while to re-set itself with each change of temperature. Breakfast was lovely and fresh. I would have liked a lie in on a sunday, especially after a late night as 8am was way too early! I would suggest people stay here but I'd have to have curtains for a better sleep.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 10 April 2014

I was over on the Isle of Wight on the last weekend in March and first weekend in April deejaying at Warner's Bembridge Coast Hotel & Norton Grange. I decided to stay between the two weekends Mon-Thurs in Sandown with the intention of doing some walking & touring around the island.I luckily discovered The Rooftree B&B on the internet and made a booking.I'm so glad that i did,the room was nicely decorated,the bed extremely comfortable,clean,as was the shower,As i was taken ill and was unable to walk i spent most of the time in the room,apart from visiting the hospital in Newport.
The breakfast as mentioned by some other reviewers was excellent as was the price,and thanks go to Tony & Debs for their hospitality,hopefully i will endeavour to stay again in the future,and next time might get to do some walking ...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Decided to go to the Isle Of Wight simply because i'd never been there before and was in the area. Despite a foul-up with the ferry not getting me in till after 11:00 at night Tony was more than accommodating getting me in despite the late hour. Wonderful place to stay! Very comfortable bed, simply but elegantly furnished room and a nice shower. Everywhere immaculately clean and tidy. The breakfast was something to behold too. Very generous portions and delicious (especially the sausages)! Tony & Debs the perfect hosts and should I ever have to re-visit the isle of Wight I will definitely be staying here again. I am recommending the Rooftree to all of my friends & family as an excellent place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 November 2013

We stayed here early late October. What a lovely place, so clean and fresh. Bed was very comfortable and room had the most perfect modern on suite.. I didn't expect to find such a lovely place on the Isle of Wight when so many of its B&Bs are old and worn. The breakfast was lovely and they couldn't do enough for us. I would defiantly stay here again, a great little find and a very short walk to the town.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family