“Well worth a visit”
Review of Sandhill Hotel

Sandhill Hotel
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Sandown
Reviewed 30 May 2007

My stay at the sandhill hotel was certainly a pleasant one.

It was clean tidy and friendly, I would say this must be what the new owners have brought after reading some older reviews.

Everything you would expect for the price, and well worth a visit.

Recomended.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 30 August 2006

The hotel is good, clean, the staff are really friendly and helpful. The service could not be faulted, whatever we requested was done with minimum fuss and a smile.

Overall I would say this is a really good hotel if you are looking for a clean, friendly, sensibly priced hotel. The ensuite room was clean as was the shower room. The room was cleaned daily whilst i was there.

I stayed at Sandhill for 4 days with my family and I found Trevor & Jayne really friendly and approachable from the moment we arrived to the time when we left.

The breakfast was good. The portions were good enough to give you a good start to the day.

Would definitely recommend if your looking for a place that ticks all the right boxes, thus leaving you free to make the more important decisions that you should face whilst on holiday, like where to go and what to see etc.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Izzyun
Reviewed 11 August 2006

When we arrived at the Sandhill we were greeted with 'you're early arent you' in an agressive manner which rang alarm bells. Then we had to pay before we even saw the room.

It went downhill from then really!

An ensuite double room - room 17 - consisted of a double bed, 2 dirty bedside cabinets, a set of drawers in white melamime with broken handles and a rickety white wardrobe.

The ensuite was the size of a shoebox with a tiny shower complete with mildew shower curtain, sink and toilet. oh and 2 pink bath mats on top of each other. The toiletries were a sachet of shapoo and a tiny bar of soap. 2 small towels each.

There was a tea tray with 2 mugs and a tea towel.

Nowhere to sit except the bed.

The hotel stank continually of vinigar, which I presumme they used for cleaning. Cleaning what I dont know as the tea stain on the bedside table was there for the 5 days we were.

The carpet was covered in bits and not hoovered once and since you had to use the floor to iron something ?????

Breakfast was ok but served by a foreign waitress who was very nice, and the miserable owner who just scowled at you. Evening meals should have been available but not offered. Breakfast was mainly listening to the few guests complaining about their rooms.

The bar which looked nice with seating in a conservatory type thing was never opened, infact you didnt see the owners from breakfast to breakfast.

When we asked for a receipt as we had paid cash but they still had our card details they got really funny and you could hear him moaning about it in the office in a very load voice.

I didnt complain at the time as my OH doesnt like confrontation but I emailed a complaint to say that the hotel wasnt to the standard we expected from 4 diamonds and I received 3 very nasty emails back calling us filth, scum and similar type words, which I am sending on to the IOW tourist board.

This hotel has 20 odd rooms and is supposedly a 4 diamond rating. The rooms and the hosts are atrocious and I would never return to this hotel nor recommend it to anyody.

6  Thank hilary1