“Very poor”

“Very poor”
Reviewed 25 April 2011

Bedroom

Secondhand TV
Cover missing to remote control
Curtains didn't fit properly

Maintenance man came to look at poor quality picture unable to fix it failed to return with additional aerial cable

Emergency break glass had no key & the glass was missing

No information in the room for the hotel

Bathroom

Bath water ran brown

Toilet seat was loose
Shower was rusty in places around tray & fittings Cheap shower mat Door didn't close/ lock properly

External terrace

Window dirty (cobwebs)
Floor not cleaned

Other guest sitting outside our patio door( invasion of privacy)

Finally

Breakfast was poor my partner was unable to eat her scrambled egg & it was black in places, my fried eggs were hard boiled, when I complained at the reception when I was leaving the manger said he would take on board my complaints, but failed to offer any reduction for the poor breakfast

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank moira011

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
bexleyheath
Reviewed 8 March 2011

I really cannot understand what some people are moaning about. We arrived here on Saturday afternoon and the Manager Nikki could not have been more polite and helpful, The room was great and the dinner was very acceptable and reasonably priced. The bonus was a Singer/Guitarist who entertained the guests in the evening. Breakfast was good and I could not fault the service. Nikki, you are a hard worker and deserve credit for the way you run the hotel

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank wesbland
Carlton Colville, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2011

Hotel just opened after winter "refurb", were pleasantly surprised in view of many negative reviews. Stayed 3 nights on coach break with Sunrise Direct. Hotel has character, rooms light and airy, staff pleasant and helpful, food pretty good - even the sausages weren't that bad - economy type but quite edible!! Varied menu, always hot. It all depends on what you expect!! Would quite happily stay again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank carltondave
Heacham
Reviewed 24 October 2010

I stayed here on a Grand UK coach tour(18th to 22nd October).
Having read the hotel reviews prior to my trip,I was wondering what it would be like.All I can say is that I personally could not find fault.I had a ground floor room,which was clean and everything worked perfectly.Breakfast was very good,with choices, and the evening meal was even better with choices on all the dishes,including a vegeterian dish.The food was always hot and a lot of thought had gone into quality and presentation.I would like to congratulate the hotel on its chef and also all the staff.The waiting staff were really pleasant and nothing was too much trouble,they all had a smile on their face and even when it was time to go,all lined up outside to wave us off.
I would recommend this hotel break.

• Stayed October 2010
3 Thank norfolkgirl-Heacham
Lincolnshire
Reviewed 21 May 2010

Stayed here for a four day/three night break. Four days and three nights too many. The food was inedible and each night at least one member of the party made a complaint about the standard. All fell on deaf ears I think . When I actually wrote to Grand Uk who organized the tour and own the hotel to advise them of my complaints I received a reply that made me think I had stayed at the wrong hotel. One member of the staff actually said that she thought a particular dish (which was actually inedible) was one of the best she had ever cooked. All I can say is if that was the best well I'd hate to have tasted the worst. Stay here at your peril.

• Stayed April 2010
3 Thank jjwren

Travellers are raving about these Sandown hotels

Kent
Reviewed 12 April 2010

Stayed at this hotel in April. Food not bad, but don't have the fish and chips! Breakfast ok. Our main problem was the shower - it didn't work. We complained and got moved to another room - lo and behold, that shower didn't work either! Just a trickle of cold water. The management did try to sort it for us but the plumber couldn't seem to sort it out. I think there is a major problem with the water in this hotel. Other people had problems too. We ended up showing in the sauna area but that wasn't much better. At least it was hot though. Hotel staff very friendly and did their best. This hotel could do with a major facelift.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank KentLesley51
Wirral
Reviewed 20 March 2010

The rooms were nice and clean and beds comfortable with fresh cotton sheets and pillow cases, all the staff treated us well and nothing was too much trouble if asked. the dining room was bright and the food was always hot and well cooked but there was only ever two choices on the evening meal menu. There was entertaiment on two nights of our four night stay and my wife and I thought it was good value break.

• Stayed March 2010