“my lovely stay at the parkbury hotel”
Review of Parkbury Hotel

Parkbury Hotel
Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Sandown
Reviewed 31 October 2012

The hotel staff could not have done more to make my stay more enjoyable. The hotel was warm, clean and comfortable. The food served was very good. My room was very clean. Good entertainment. Would defently return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rebecca R
AndrewNorfolk, Hotel Group Operations manager at Parkbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Thank you for your kind comments.

I will pass these on to Asia and her team.

Once again many thanks

There are newer reviews for Parkbury Hotel

Reviewed 31 October 2012

A friendly helpful service, with excellent disabled access. Lovely and warm inside the rooms and also at the bar and in the communial lounges. Nice food, 4 courses well worth the money.Free Digital tv in the room as well as the use of Wifi. and also room service everyday with clean towels and bedding. Would happily visit again. It was also mentioned to me that redecortaion will commence in the new year as staff agreed that parts of the hotel were a bit outdated.
Thanks Joannna for cheering us up with the bingo!! and it was a nice touch that all the staff in the hotel came out as our coach left to say goodbye.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Graeme S
AndrewNorfolk, Hotel Group Operations Manager at Parkbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Many thanks for your kind comments.

I will pass these on to my manager and her team they will be pleased with your comments.

Once again, many thanks.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

I recently stayed at the parkbury as part of a weekend coach trip. The hotel staff were very helpful & nothing was to much trouble for them. The rooms were clean & tidy & food was enjoyable. I would certainly stay there again

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Russell W

Dear Mr Ward

Many thanks for your recent comments and I was pleased to read you had enjoyed your stay at the Parkbury Hotel. I will of course pass on your comments to the management and team who I am sure will be more than please to read your positive feedback.

Once again , many thanks.

Reviewed 5 October 2012

What a lovely proeprty but so run down and mediocre food, infact our meal on the Sunday evening was so bad we couldn't eat it, breakfasts poor, one morning no hot water/heating and cleaning leaves a lot to be desired. I could go on and on about the faults and service. When its cold and raining and you ask whats for lunch to be told sandwiches and the chef was in is not good service eventually we got a bowl of chips ooo whoopee. Not one to go back too unless things change drastically

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Allison B
AndrewNorfolk, Hotel Group Operations Manager at Parkbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2012

Thank you for your constructive comments and I was naturally concerned to read of the unfortunate incidents which lead to your dissatisfaction and I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any inconvenience caused during your stay.

We have just had a management change last week and we are confident these things wil not happen again. Food should be avalable all the time the chef is present and our new managemet team will make sure this happens.

Once again my sincere apologise for any inconvenience and with not meeting your expectations on this occasion. If you are considering staying with us again please contact me on my direct line and I will endeavour to make sure your stay is enjoyable in every respect

Reviewed 17 September 2012

I wasn't sure what rating to give this hotel, and I think that is because it depends on what you're looking for from your room. The decor is dated and slightly shabby in some places, the pool not particularly clean during our stay and the hot water system is typical of a lot of older hotels in not being consistently hot! The location is only 5 to 10 mins walk from Sandown town centre (and the beach etc), but on a reasonably busy road and not possessing a view of note.

However, it was really good value for money, and we weren't expecting more so we found it an excellent choice. The welcome was extremely warm and friendly and the rooms were fairly large, clean and more than comfortable. The building itself is also reasonably nice, with attractive enough grounds, and a bar and other communal areas that are dated but were probably once quite elegant. We didn't eat, so I can't comment on the food.

I can see how people found it disappointing if they were expecting more, but if you go there knowing what you're getting it's very good value for money and certainly comfortable for short stays.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Many thanks for your comments. We are looking into making improvements were we do fall short and hopefully tis will be srted sooner than later.

We like to offer value for money and we are confident in ding so.

Once again thank you for your coments

Reviewed 6 September 2012

My young Daugher and I stayed here for one night at the end of August. I have to say the receptionist was v welcoming and could not do enough. The room was small but ok. The pool was fantastic. Location is a ten minute walk from the beach. My Daughter took advantage of the swimming pool in the evening, about 6-7pm, which she loved. However, when she was in the pool, loud and foul language emanated from the hotel kitchen, which carried on, so I removed my Daughter from the pool, as I just do not expect to pay for a hotel to have my young Daughter exposed to foul language. I did complain to the hotel manager, Nicky, who was absolutely fantastic in dealing with my complaint. She was immediately v apologetic, and assured me that the person in question would be "on a disciplinary" and would be made to apologise to us in the morning. Nicky gave my Daughter some ice cream and me a glass of wine for free by way of apology. Nicky even planned my train journey home for us ( a 6 hour trip). But in the morning, there was no apology from the kitchen staff member in question, and when Nicky checked us out, no mention of why not? But Nicky was a fantastic member of staff and if she was not leaving soon, I would have gone back to see her.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tinkerbellGloucester
Gemma A, Manager at Parkbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Thank you for your positive comments regarding the hospitality of the staff, the facilities and the convenient location. I am very pleased to read that we have met your expectations. I was sorry to read that you experienced a member of staff from the kitchen swearing. Needless to say this is not what we expect of our team and they have been reminded that this type of behaviour is not acceptable and to ensure that the guests feel welcome at all times. Thank you for taking the time to write a review about this hotel. We really do value your custom and we will look forward to welcoming you when you return to the hotel.

Reviewed 2 September 2012

my husband and i stayed at this hotel and were very disappointed in the general running of the hotel, to few staff who were expected to do too many tasks. the food was acceptable but nothing special and the soup was usually "cool" . the menu was confusing as "sorbet" was listed 1st! not the 2nd item as is usual. the general appearance of the hotel was shabby. the room was clean i am pleased to say and the towels were changed!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank EnglandDancingqueen

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with certain aspects of the hotel. I have taken on board your comments regarding the management of the hotel. The sorbet may appear to feature in an unusual section of the menu. The menu has been designed to offer three light appetisers and then two starters. The sorbet is a popular choice and is designed to stimulate the palate before a four-course menu. The soup should be served hot and I will follow up these comments with the head chef. I am pleased to read that you found the room and the hotel clean, even if the décor did not meet your expectations. We really do value your custom and I offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience that you may have suffered during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.