“Pretty good for a 3 star”
Review of Parkbury Hotel

Parkbury Hotel
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Sandown
Reviewed 26 March 2013

Just had a lovely short break at this hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the room was very clean and reasonably spacious and the bed was comfortable. The food was quite good although sometimes only just warm. All round a good hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Linda D
Andrew P, Hotel Group Operations Manager at Parkbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2013

Many thanks for your recent review

It was pleasing to read your review. I will pass on your comments to my general manager and team who will be also pleased to read your coments.

Reviewed 4 March 2013

just back from singles holiday at ParkburyHotel so much history there / what a lovely time we had and the staff were just wonderful so helpful and friendly what fun we had , my room was lovely and so warm and hot water in my lovely bath , cant wait to go back again hope everyone else on the trip enjoyed it as much as me thank you allxx

Room Tip: speak to staff very helpful
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
6  Thank jasmin797
Gemma A, Manager at Parkbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2013

Thank you very much for your recent review of your stay at the Parkbury Hotel, Sandown.

I was pleased to read your positive comments and have passed these on to Joanne and her team who will be pleased to read them.

We certainly hope you will be back to stay with us again at some point in the future.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

i stayed at this hotel with a coach trip, on arrival the staff couldnt have been more welcoming. i had what was classed as a double room but it was very small. and very hot the radiator was broken and when i tried to change it. it leaked. so in feb i had to have the window wide open . there were hairs all over the headboard.and no hot water. when reporting this was told the water would be on by the end of the day...which it was.but the trickle that came out of the shower it was hardly worth it.. my radiator was also fixed but in a way that i had no heating at all.also after the second day ther seem to be a musty smell.on a good note if you were only looking for good food then this is the hotel for you.i couldnt fault any of the five dinners i had ,all through my stay the staff were freindly but i felt i couldnt spend all my time complaing.i hope this report helps

Room Tip: i heard the rooms on the ground floor were better
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank maggoo94
Andrew P, Hotel Group Operations Manager at Parkbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Thank you for your recent review.

I was sorry to read of your problems during your recent stay at the Parkbury.

I understand from my manager that there were a few problems on the first day and these were soon rectified.

The hotel had been closed for a couple of months and during the week they were busy getting things organised and in some cases may have left it a little late, hence the shortage of hot water on arrival.

Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience and I do hope you will stay with us again. Also thank you for the good comments on the food. I will pass these onto the head chef and team.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

On arrival the young lass from Rugby was just lovely.Infact all the staff were very nice. But the hotel needs to be updated. Our room, very clean and warm. but dated. Breakfast could have been better. We had invited family to the hotel for drinks and a bar meal.When it came to ordering we were told the chef was not on duty...You could see that the hotel was a lovely property at one time, and the gardens had been well kept at one time. Once again Lovely staff shame about the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank carolnewcastle95
AndrewNorfolk, Hotel Group Operations Manager at Parkbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2012

Thank you for your constructive comments. We know we need to spend some money on the hotel to make improvements and we will be doing so this winter in our close down period.

We have some lovely staff there at the Parkbury and want to give them a product ti be proud of and we will. It was a shame about the chef but because we were only operating on a bed and breakfast basis that week it was more sensible to give the chef the time off.

Once again thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

The hotel staff could not have done more to make my stay more enjoyable. The hotel was warm, clean and comfortable. The food served was very good. My room was very clean. Good entertainment. Would defently return to this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rebecca R
AndrewNorfolk, Hotel Group Operations manager at Parkbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2012

Thank you for your kind comments.

I will pass these on to Asia and her team.

Reviewed 31 October 2012

A friendly helpful service, with excellent disabled access. Lovely and warm inside the rooms and also at the bar and in the communial lounges. Nice food, 4 courses well worth the money.Free Digital tv in the room as well as the use of Wifi. and also room service everyday with clean towels and bedding. Would happily visit again. It was also mentioned to me that redecortaion will commence in the new year as staff agreed that parts of the hotel were a bit outdated.
Thanks Joannna for cheering us up with the bingo!! and it was a nice touch that all the staff in the hotel came out as our coach left to say goodbye.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Graeme S
AndrewNorfolk, Hotel Group Operations Manager at Parkbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2012

Many thanks for your kind comments.

I will pass these on to my manager and her team they will be pleased with your comments.

Once again, many thanks.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

I recently stayed at the parkbury as part of a weekend coach trip. The hotel staff were very helpful & nothing was to much trouble for them. The rooms were clean & tidy & food was enjoyable. I would certainly stay there again

Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank Russell W

Dear Mr Ward

Many thanks for your recent comments and I was pleased to read you had enjoyed your stay at the Parkbury Hotel. I will of course pass on your comments to the management and team who I am sure will be more than please to read your positive feedback.

Once again , many thanks.

Kind regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandown
The Wight
#1 of 9 in Ventnor
Trouville Hotel
Trouville Hotel
#3 of 29 in Sandown

Been to Parkbury Hotel? Share your experiences!