“my holiday experience”
Review of Parkbury Hotel

Parkbury Hotel
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Sandown
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Very bad experience with our evening meal, decor not good, and pool out of action, staff all three of them were very embarrassed, during our 5 day stay. Would definitely not recommend.will be writing to the coach company.

6  Thank Patricia S
Gemma A, Guest Relations Manager at Parkbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

We read all our reviews and take any negative feedback very seriously and try to resolve any issues swiftly.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

It was my first visit to the Parkbury hotel and I would just like to say that it was magnificent, well worth the money and it definitely made the holiday. The staff were ever so helpful nothing was a bother to them. The theme of the hotel is nautical and I loved the oldie worldie decor,a trip down memory lane to how things used to be.Very large open spaces to loose yourself in and so peaceful. Will definitely be going back soon and for a longer break.

2  Thank jhogg8992

Reviewed 18 June 2014

I took my mother for a three day break to the Isle of Wight with National Holidays and we had a lovely time. The hotel is very quaint, a step back in time, with a nautical theme, the wood panelling is from the S S Aquitania. Some say it is tired and dated, but we had two lovely bright single rooms, the food was good and the service excellent. There is seating outside on the lawn, perfect for a summers evening, and the gardens are kept very neat and tidy. It s a short walk down to the beach and pier (up hill a bit on the way back).
The manager (Joanna) and her assistant (Sarah) were very helpful and friendly, as were all the staff, if you needed any thing you only had to ask.
The entertainment on Saturday night was a singer called Mac and he was very good, catering for all ages.
We had a good weekend and can recommend the hotel, I would stay there again if in Sandown.

2  Thank annon12

Reviewed 14 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Parkbury from 9th June to 13th June 2014.This was our second stay and as usual we were made very welcome by the general manager Joanna.She is such a warm and friendly young lady and makes you feel at home immediately you arrive.She was manning reception and after checking us in took us to our room which was light and airy.We know that the décor is a little drab in places but this is down to Grand UK and no reflection on the staff who are brilliant in every respect.Food is delicious and the menu varied catering for all diets.Christine and Sarah do a wonderful job as backup to Joanna.She is so adept at picking the right staff.Nothing was too much trouble at any time and despite a full house they coped with every problem including a fire alarm at 4pm.
At all times you were made to feel an individual and not a number.There were a lot of elderly guests,we are no youngsters but not as old as some of the guests,but they were treated like they were the parents or grandparents of the staff.We love staying here and look forward to our next visit.Thank you once again Joanna and staff.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank David J

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed for three weeks during a working visit. I stay in alot of hotels during the course of my work and i would not hesitate to recommend this hotel. In my opinion i think that the staff and service are great.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank adeyhughes66

Reviewed 2 June 2014

We have just returned from a 2 night stay and cannot praise the staff enough. From the initial booking and e mail correspondence everything ran smoothly. On arrival we found to our delight that we had been upgraded to a four poster room which was clean and comfortable. Special thanks to Joanna for conspiring with my partner to have a beautiful bouquet of flowers delivered to our room. Thank you for the butterfly confetti on Saturday night (sorry to the chambermaids!!). Thanks to Sarah for all her help and finally thanks for the 'entertainment' Saturday night I haven't laughed so much in ages (not the intention I am sure!!!!).

Breakfast was good and even though 1 member of staff had not turned in on Sunday we were not kept waiting very long, even though they had a coach party to check out. Well done to the waiting staff.

We will be back again, hopefully sooner rather than later. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Room 12 has a lovely comfortable 4 poster, room 11 a balcony.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DebGr2014

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Only stay for one night and I am so glad.

Whilst the room was clean, I had to retune the TV as I only had two channels. The wardrobe was shoddy and full of dust so didn't really want to place my cloths in there. However the shower was so small I only just fit in to it, I am a normal sized person and had trouble turning around within the shower, towels were very small and the bed had such a cheap mattress on, I have had a better nights sleep whilst camping and slept on a floor. I went to go for a swim, however the pool was closed and looked in extreme bad repair.

Before you dismiss this as another whinger, please read my other reviews, they are fair and balanced, this is in my humble opinion not a nice place to stay and offers cheap stays for a reason!

Room Tip: Ask to view the room first!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
7  Thank Imagesbygc

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sandown
Wight Bay Hotel
#14 of 29 in Sandown
Melville Hall Hotel
Melville Hall Hotel
#21 of 29 in Sandown

Been to Parkbury Hotel? Share your experiences!