All reviewsgee veeisle of wightopposite the beachsea viewfamily run hotelon arrivalgreat weekendbrilliant locationcoach partybar priceslong weekendbed was comfortablesea frontexcellent value for moneychoice of foodthoroughly enjoyed our staymy mum
Reviewed 3 May 2013

Thx for sending those coats back. Nice package. Nice staff. Good location. The meal was all right. If you guys want to go somewhere for food go crab & lobster. That's a nice place. Love the pier amusement. Had fun in Isle of Wight. Great time and would return one day afterwards. Many thx.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Lightzz
Marina Bay H, Manager at Marina Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Thanks for taking time to write this review.
We are glad you received your jackets back ok. We do have stunning views from where we are situated. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the food too.
We hope go see you all again in the future.
Regards,

Reviewed 3 May 2013

I stayed for two nights with dinner the first night and breakfast both mornings. I had scrambled eggs the first morning, which weren't all that great but the fry up the next was scrummy. The location is brilliant. Literally the sea as your view. The staff were all friendly and polite.

It isn't no posh hotel, it is all very basic but this was perfect and to be expected for the price i paid. Often when you go to hotels the rooms can be too hot and the beds too squishy to enjoy sleep, but my room was perfect temperature and the bed just the way i need it to get a decent night sleep. The only negatives i found with my room was it had no hot chocolate and i don't like tea or coffee and secondly the show pressure was pretty low.

I enjoyed my stay and would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily W
Marina Bay H, Owner at Marina Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2013

Thanks for taking time to write a review. We are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay.

We are pleased you thought your bed was comfy and the temperature was perfect!
Thanks so much for your comments and we hope to see you both again.
Best wishes

Reviewed 28 April 2013

Room very clean, beds comfortable.Staff exceptionally helpful and friendly.Bags taken to room for us.Would recommend it to all in fact am going back in June.Food nicely and freshly cooked,plenty of choice and vegetarians catered for.Beach opposite and free parking at front of hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank carol s
Marina Bay H, Owner at Marina Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Good evening,

Thanks so much for writing a review.

We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
We have booked you in again, hopefully the weather will be warmer and you will get to see what you missed during your first visit.
We look forward to seeing you both soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 26 April 2013

I have just returned from a midweek break. The hotel was clean and tidy. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had 2 nights entertainment. One entertainer was good, the other not to my taste, but for his age his was better than most. Food was very good with a good choice, and no chips at all. I did feel the staff were somewhat rushed at meal times though. Bar prices were reasonable.
I have only given this hotel a 3 because I was not impressed with some health and safety issues. No signs about to say cleaning was in progress, especially when I opened a door and found a young man in the hallway vacuuming. I appreciate cleaning needs to be done but a warning would have been good. What really spoiled our holiday and which I feel is a health issue. I reported our toilet not flushing properly on Monday evening, was told on Wednesday it would be done and by the time we left nothing had been done. It is no joke having to keep flushing the toilet 15-20 times to get it to flush even a little. It does not go well with us oldies who need to use the loo in the night.
Overall I enjoyed my stay
I have tried to rate everything 4 or 5 below but computer wont let me

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kathleen m
Marina Bay H, Owner at Marina Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2013

Good evening,
Thank you for taking time to write a review.
We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We informed our plumber the day you informed us about the flushing issue. However he let us know there was a part that needed changing and he will be in to fix it as soon as it arrived. I apologise for the inconvenience caused during your stay. I can assure you that the flush has now been fixed.
We aim to get our food out as quickly as possible, to ensure its served hot. We are sorry you felt it was rushed.
We hope to see you again in the near future.
Best wishes

Reviewed 7 April 2013

The room and service was very nice. Breakfast and entertainment was good. Will book next time as well. The rooms were clean and the hotel staff was friendly. Breakfast was hot and catered to everyones choice. Entertainment every other night was really good and involved the guests. Very close to the beach so i could pop to the sands at any time. Very close to town and pier too. Absolutely fabulous location for a break.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maryam M
Marina Bay H, Owner at Marina Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2013

Hi,

Thanks for taking time to write a review.

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
It is a fantastic location- right opposite the sandy beach, lovely in the summer.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind regards,