All reviews isle of wight opposite the beach sea view family run hotel owners and staff great weekend turkey and tinsel brilliant location coach party bar prices bed was comfortable long weekend choice of food thoroughly enjoyed our stay enjoyable stay coach holiday nothing is too much trouble
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Me and my sister stayed as a groupon deal...manager was polite and friendly BUT cheese and biscuits-would not recommend it was 3 avg crackers and 1 sweaty inch rectangle of processed packet cheese...also we were told if we were going out and would be exceptionally late back then we were to leave key so they knew to leave front door unlocked we got back at 11.40 and all the lights were out (even though they had an entertainer on in the bar) and we were told by member of staff outside drinking a pint that we were lucky he was there or we'd be locked out!!!! Hotel is ok if you are an OAP otherwise would not recommend!

3  Thank lous34
Marina Bay H, Owner at Marina Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review for us.
I would like to point out that we are a two star hotel and do not claim to be more than this.
The price for your one night stay including a table service cooked breakfast and 3 course dinner for 2 people was £49, which i think you agree is a brilliant price.The cheese you found that wasn't up to your standards was replaced with a fresh slice of cheddar when you mentioned it to someone, which again is fair. and alternative puddings were offered to you.
We did not have an entertainer on that evening so I'm not sure what you are referring to.
I would like to mention that the door was unlocked at 11.40pm and you managed to enter the building without any trouble at all despite writing in our room information pack that we do lock the front door at 11.30pm. It was also mentioned to you at checking in time that we do lock the front door at 11.30pm and if you are thinking of coming back after this time then we would gladly be able to provide you with a front door key or if you left your key with us then we would know that your out and therefore not lock the door. Despite this information you chose not to leave your key with us, however still found the door unlocked and were able to come inside without any issues therefore I'm not sure what the problem was.
We hope this has clarified the situation and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2013

I had originally booked a stay at the Marina Bay Hotel with a Groupon deal last year, and as I was visiting the Isle of Wight with my extended family this summer and could not get accommodation in a holiday chalet at a reasonable price I decided to try the Marina Bay Hotel.
They were very accommodating and offered me the same rate as I had last year with the Groupon deal, even though it was the peak season.
A great location, comfortable rooms, good menu selection and friendly staff make for a good holiday. I plan on visiting again in the near future and I would recommend it for a reasonably priced stay on the Isle of Wight.

Room tip: Unless you plan on spending some time in your room, there is no point in upgrading to a sea view room. Also, as there is no lift, if you have restricted mobility ask for a room on the lower floor.
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Herbie W

thank you for taking time to write a review for us.

it was lovely to see you both again. I'm pleased to hear you had a lovely stay with us.
We would love to see you both again in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2013

we have been visiting the Marina Bay hotel for the last 10 years and can honestly say we have always had a fantastic time. The owners always make you feel welcome, and really make this holiday special. The rooms are really nice, the food always excellent, and the service is first class, the location is the icing on the cake with fantastic views. We visit many other hotels in other resorts but this one really stands out and we always look forward to our next visit

Room tip: rooms on the front are obviously best as they have a sea view, but they are all good.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
6  Thank Joe J
Marina Bay H, Owner at Marina Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2013

Thank you for taking time to write a review.
It was lovely to see you both again. We are pleased to hear you enjoy staying with us each year and is your preferred hotel.
We are looking forward to seeing you next year.

Best wishes

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We have just returned from a week at the hotel. We booked a holiday with Travelstyle and didn't know where we were staying until we arrived. We were very pleasantly surprised with the high standard of the room , the hotel location right on the seafront and the excellent food. There was a good choice of food on the menu every night and at breakfast. The bar was very well stocked and the prices reasonable. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and went out of their way to make sure guests were enjoying their stay. For couples and families with young children I would highly recommend this hotel. We had a fantastic time and it was a good base for exploring the island.

Room tip: Ask for a sea view room
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank natalie s

Thank you for taking time to write a review.
We are pleased you like our newly decorated room and bathroom. We have recently started renovating our rooms and bathrooms to a more modern look.
We are glad you enjoyed your holiday and the food was up to your standards.

We would love to have you stay with us again.
Best wishes

Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I recently returned from a lovely time of the Isle of Wight. We stayed at the hotel as part of a groupon deal.
After reading the reviews I was nervous! I had booked this for my boyfriends birthday, his last birthday was a spa hotel in Newquay and fantastic so going by what others had written made me worry this worry was for NOTHING!!! The hotel is clean! The staff are nothing but lovely, courteous, friendly and attentive!! We spoke to them to find out good places to visit and would chat about what we had seen and done and they were all attentive enough to remember and ask us if we had enjoyed it!

We are a young couple and admittidly the hotels guests while we were there were predominantly older, however this was no problem to us since we only stayed in the room to sleep and the rest of the time we were out at the beach or exploring.

The location is great, we had a sea front room which was lovely (I will attach pictures) when we came off the beach we were allowed to wash off the sand from our feet and store out inflatables (we wanted a dingy, but settled for ring lol) in the hall way out of the way of everyone.

There are some lovely restaurants walking distance.

We had a car and so were able to get out an explore, the staff were helpful with interesting places to visit and directions!

On my boyfriends birthday everyone remembered and wished him happy birthday which was lovely and they even brought us up some rose in an ice bucket before we headed out for a meal!!

Using the groupon voucher this was a fantastic deal and we would certainly return! If anything had not been to our liking we felt confident enough in the staff to have voiced our concerns to them and are sure they would have helped us out! You get what you give, the staff are lovely so we were honestly shocked to read what some people have written! The hotel was clean, our room especially! I enjoy writing reviews and must say this is one I have looke forward to writing the most because we had such a different experience to the majority that I felt it was important to write about what we experienced to give a more balanced view!

The only possible problems- The telly is small - but has freeview and we certainly don't go on holiday to watch the tv! However when we did watch a film it was fine!!! The food wasn't the best on the island but when you go somewhere its fun to explore...plus, its a 2 star hotel so you cant expect 5 star food, also, we're not the sort of couple that stays in the hotel and visits the same places.

Other than those two issues neither my boyfriend nor myself have anything negative to say.

A holiday is what you make it, and we had a great time!

Thank you to everyone at the hotel for having us and being so lovely!!!

Date of stay: July 2013
Marina Bay H, Owner at Marina Bay Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thanks so much for writing an honest review for us.
We are so happy to hear you both had lovely time on the Island. We would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us to celebrate a special day. By the way the cake was so yummy so thank you again.

We do try our hardest to look after all our customers and ensure everyone enjoys their stay with us. We would love to see you both again in the near future.