“Lovely meal as usual. ”

Cargill's Restaurant & Bistro
Ranked #2 of 30 Restaurants in Blairgowrie
Cuisines: European, Scottish
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Cargills is a family run bistro sitting near the riverside in Blairgowrie. Serving coffees, home baking, snacks, meals and blackboard specials. Everything here is cooked to the highest standards using many fresh local products, offering good food and friendly service. Outdoor patio seating. Free car parking. Disabled access. Coffee's and snacks to go should you wish to enjoy the riverside seating. Takeaway and Outside catering also available.
Glasgow
“Lovely meal as usual. ”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We have been visiting this restaurant for years as a family only when we have a designated driver as we are not local and enjoy a wine with dinner. Food doesn't disappoint only disappointment is also a positive as the dishes can be sold out as so popular. Our food was delicious, and like the option of having starter portions for main too. Service is great, and good selection of wines and specials. Only negative on this visit was the chefs smoking on the step outside the kitchen, this would really put me off however I saw this on leaving the restaurant.

1 Thank Niccherrycola27
LesleyMcDonald, Owner at Cargill's Restaurant & Bistro, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for such a lovely review, I'm delighted you enjoy Cargill's and hope we can welcome you on many more occasions. I can assure you, you wont witness any more smoking.

eggplantuk
“Lunch”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Most of the food was lovely, well all the food was very tasty but the nasi goreng was slightly dry for my taste but didn't take away for our visit. Staff were lovely & friendly & would recommend cargills to friend.

Thank you for your review, I am really pleased you enjoyed Cargill's. All our food is prepared in our kitchen and cooked to order, so, should you like it in a slightly different way, that can be done. Please don't hesitate to ask.
Blairgowrie
“Great ..... again!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Hadn't eaten here for a while, some menu changes since the last time just to make it trickier to choose but I got there in the end! The food was great ...... again and as always. Had two starters (the trout, salmon and prawn dish was perfect for a summer's evening) and stole a few chips and salad from my family at mains so that I would have space for the chocolate fondant and ice cream. Topped off with a nice chilled bottle of white wine it was the perfect end to a busy day.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank JaneBlairgowrie
LesleyMcDonald, Owner at Cargill's Restaurant & Bistro, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thank you for reviewing us again! We really appreciate your support and you taking the time to review. I'm pleased you enjoyed the menu changes, the Trio starter has proven to be a popular choice. I hope we can welcome you back again sometime.
Stirling, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had a Great Time”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The food is great, had a real problem deciding what to get but got there in the end. Staff friendly and the atmosphere is really nice. 10/10

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Stir_Anime_Fan
Thank you for taking the time to review. I'm really pleased you enjoyed Cargill's and hope we can welcome you back sometime.
Perth, United Kingdom
“Not worth leaving the house for”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Recently went for lunch here. The place is looking tired,the food is mediocre and the atmosphere isn't there. There are many other decent places to eat in Blairgowrie (including right next door) that I'm surprised this place is still around. A good scrub clean, new décor, better food and it can keep up with its competition. Until then I wouldn't bother going.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Robbi2014
LesleyMcDonald, Owner at Cargill's Restaurant & Bistro, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Cargill's is a family run restaurant in which we put our heart and soul.

Our restaurant is clean and fresh and the décor updated regularly (we constantly receive comments on how friendly and inviting our décor is).

Our menus are always under review and we are committed to the integrity of our produce and where we source.

I appreciate we cannot be to everyone's taste however much we wish we could. It does feel hurtful when comments are rude even when we are serving you. I honestly put your manner down to you feeling stressed, I was wrong.