“Nothing memorable”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Lairds House - CLOSED

The Lairds House
Price range: US$4 - US$26
Cuisines: British, French, Seafood, Scottish
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: The Laird's House is just stones throw from one of the great walks in the area. The laird's house is open for teas and coffee's with a selection of cakes and scones. We offer an informal lunch and slightly more formal Dinner. Ross in the kitchen is very proud of our steaks and takes great pleasure in specially selecting our beef. We are open Monday and Tuesday 9am-5pm, Wednesday to Saturday inclusive 9am-11pm and Sunday 10am-5pm
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
“Nothing memorable”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

Had lunch there on July 4 for my American wife's Independence Day. Kind of overpriced for what we got. Nothing special, would not want us to go there for dinner.

2 Thank Keith F

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Fabulous food, welcoming and friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

The previous reviews about this restaurant say it all. Great menu, reasonable prices, extremely friendly and accommodating staff. We visited with friends including two children, and the staff were extremely attentive to the kids and what they might need: cutting straws so they are the right size, asking about when their food should arrive in relation to ours, extensive kids menu etc. There is also a play area tucked in the corner, which is very handy. Haggis fritters were great and the ribeye steak was delicious and juicy. We were actually staying at the Bridge of Cally Hotel 5 miles away, where the restaurant gets some poor reviews and where the prices are shockingly high. So we're very pleased we made the effort to drive to Blairgowrie. Thank you Lairds House for making our visit to Perthshire.

Visited July 2014
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

Visited for lunch after reading good reviews for this restaurant. We were not disappointed. The staff were friendly and helpful. The menu had a good choice and the quality of the food was excellent. Would definitely recommend this restaurant and will be going back.

Visited July 2014
Aberdeenshire
“Terrible Service!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch. A woman came to take our order and my friend couldn't decide what she wanted so she said she would be back in 2mins......15mins later she still hadn't been back and had taken everyone else's order who came in after us, it was clear to is that she was doing this deliberately , so we got another waitress to come over and take our order, she took the drinks order (which she didn't write down and forgot a drink) and asked the original woman to take food order. She asked me if I would like my sandwich open or closed I said open, she asked my partner the same including if he wanted brown or white bread .... He said brown closed. He ended up getting a white baguette , I saw my sandwich came out closed and before it was out on the table the woman realised and got it changed. My friends peas with her scampi were barley cooked, my bread was so tough I nearly sent the plate flying a number of times. Then when my partner and I had finished but my friend had NOT she cleared my partner and my plate away...... Very rude!!! Safe to say I shall never eat here again! I do have to say though the shop part of the place was lovely!

4 Thank Jaderose1005
Johannesburg, South Africa
“curry in summer - works for me !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Friday 18 July 2014. a "Curry Night" - excellent Jalfrezi prepared by Chef Ross, washed down by Birra Moretti, music by "Jock The Box" - www.jockthebox.co.uk. hosted hospitably by Iain and well floor-managed by Sarah. expect more good things.