“Unexpected Treat in a small town!”
Review of The Fair O'Blair

The Fair O'Blair
Ranked #11 of 39 Restaurants in Blairgowrie
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: International
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2014

A hot day travelling from Greenock to Stonehaven and a welcome break at Blairgowrie.

Plus points - looks new and fresh. All decked out for the World Cup footie. Quite large for a small town. Usual food/drink menu. Fairly light inside, for a Wetherspoon’s.

Minus points - None, really. Toilets upstairs, as usual

Rjd-81, Manager at The Fair O'Blair, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Thanks for your review on tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your visit to the Fair O'Blair, it's nice to see that the only real minus points was something out of the staffs control.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

This new Weatherspoon's establishment has opened since we moved from Blairgowrie 2 years ago, we were pleasantly surprised by the conversion of the old Woolworth's building in the centre of the town, it was bright and airy, very clean and there was a large selection of alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks on offer, a good selection of cask ales which I delight in and what I had were excellently kept, the food was good value, on the one occasion we ate there we tried the curry which was plentiful and tasty, and the battered fish & chips which my wife said was excellent also

1  Thank Greg K
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We recently stayed near Blairgowrie and popped into Fair O'Blair for lunch. The food was good and well presented. However, what prompts me to write this review is the staff. They were excellent. I ordered John Smiths Smooth but the guy at the bar suggested trying McEwans Red. Not something I would normally go for but was I glad I did. Lovely beer but just the attitude and enthusiasm of the guy was great. He came over and checked I was enjoying it. The same guy delivered some food and it looks like it's a real team running this place. Fine dining it isn't, but then you are not paying fine dining prices! Whether it's down to staff training or they have just been exceptionally lucky in recruiting such pleasant folk - we went back for a second meal later in the week and were not disappointed. Highly recommended!

2  Thank DaveL427
Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is a JD Wetherspoon pub in the centre of Blairgowrie. It doesn't pretend to be anything else.

Beer and burger = fiver.

Fry up = just over £3.

Pint = £2.

You just can't argue with the prices even the the food leaves a little to be desired. Worst black pudding known to man. The staff here are top notch though.

2  Thank manparadigm
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This was our "Bacon Roll and coffee stop" before a Sunday walk at Glenshee. I was impressed by service and the high quality of the food. A bit of a trek to the toilets but really impressed by this Weatherspoons well managed and one to recommend. Anyway stay on the wave.

1  Thank 247Arnoldo247