Angus Hotel
US$194
US$161
US$156
Orbitz.com
Bridge of Cally Hotel(Bridge of Cally)
US$100
  • Restaurant
US$117
Travelocity
Ivybank Lodge(Blairgowrie)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Tayside Hotel(Stanley)
TripAdvisor
All reviewstribute nightleisure facilitiesjacuzzi and saunahaggissaturday nightdance floorgreat weekendcoach tourbuffet styleneil diamondweekend breakfamily roomsingle roomboth nightsset menuan upgradebar prices
Reviewed 8 June 2011

To all at the Angus,
We had agood time,eavening meal exelant,entertainment good. Breakfast as usual, right
up to the mark.
Noel, you are an asset to the Hotel, a good ambassodor, you staff also do proud, they go that little bit extra to make your stay welcome. Keep up the good work.

Regards

Bob & Ina Robertson Stirling.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
OpsBlairgowrie, Manager at Angus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2011

Firstly, may I thanks you for returning to the Angus Hotel. Noel and the rest of my team are an asset to the hotel and are very grateful for your kind comments. I trust we will see you again soon,
Many thanks.

Reviewed 30 May 2011

I stayed at this hotel with a large coach party and although I prefer smaller hotels this one surpassed expectations. At times there were four coach parties and they all were dealt with efficiently.The meals were very good especially considering the large number of people.There was entertainment most nights and one particular act consisted of a very talented piper,guitarist and mandoline player who sang and varied his repertoire to suit all tastes.This was a most enjoyable evening.
The staff were very helpful and friendly.The hotel was a bit worn in places but very clean and comfortable.

Room Tip: The old part of the building seems the best part.
  • Stayed: May 2011

I am delighted that we surpassed your expectations. We have been extremely busy over the past few weeks and it is good to know that we are able to deliver our high standards at peak times.
Many thanks for taking the time to provide us with your comments.

Reviewed 29 May 2011

Excellent location in a lovely town. Basics were there but development required. Has potential.

Glad I visited here. Came on a special offer and had a very relaxing time. Good and bad points to this hotel. Friendly staff who were very helpful, room was spotless and comfortable. Check-in was quick. We had lovely room over looking the river. Afternoon tea was v good

negative the room required TLC and basic maintenance which would improve things. wouldn't pay the top charges for rooms
food quality was excellent but was overcooked for and 830 sitting. nice but could be better. TOOK ages to get drinks and appeared to be separate service.

• Stayed: May 2011
OpsBlairgowrie, Manager at Angus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2011

Thank you for giving us your constructive feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and that you had a very relaxing time, I have note your comments with regard to room, food and drinks service and will of course look at these areas to improve.
I trust we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2011

Stayed here for one night in May 2011. The room (85) was OK. Very clean and adequate but the furniture and bathroom a little dated and could do with an upgrade. Unfortunately room 85 was at the end of the corridor and at the bottom of a small flight of stairs and there was quite a bit of noise from people walking up and down the creaky stairs. If i had been staying for more than one night I would have asked to be moved.

The evening meal and breakfast was lovely and each member of staff we encountered very friendly and helpful.

We used the pool. Decent size and good hot tub. Changing rooms not very luxurious though and remember to take £1 for the locker, Would have ben helpful if the reception staff had told us this (or there was a sign up) when they gave us our towels.

Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your constructive feedback, I am delighted that you enjoyed the food on offer and encountered friendly service from our staff.
I will of course look at the points raised to ensure that we continue to offer our guest an enjoyable stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2011

I could not fault the service, but having paid £50.00 extra as single room supplement I was given an inferior room.
Room very clean, no bedside table, a television that did not work ( I gave up telling receptionists after 3 attempts)
Room was situated over the entertainment/ballroom so each night the noise in the room was intolerable. I went to local chemist to buy earplugs and this did help in a small way tho still could hear entertainment.

I would only stay at this hotel again if it was guaranteed that the room was as far away from the entertainment as possible.

Stayed: May 2011

I am delighted that you enjoyed our service and thank you for bringing your comments to my attention, these points will certainly be rectified. I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back soon.