“Lovely Hotel and Staff”
Review of Angus Hotel

Angus Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Blairgowrie
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Just returned from a weekend stay at the hotel. Enjoyed it that much that we booked a further night. I disagree with Sharon G's review, she may have caught someone on an off day! As everyone at reception and the reservations office bent over backwards for us. Even although they were extremely busy they tried to accommodate us at every turn, all I can say is contact them and tell them of your issues and I am sure they will be very sympathetic. This break was a treat for my daughter, who turned 13 years old and had her birthday on the day of the Freddie Mercury tribute act. All the staff were very kind and helpful, they put balloons and party hats at our table and left a birthday gift and card (signed by all the staff!) on the table also. The DJ got everyone to sing Happy Birthday, then the entertainer sang Happy Birthday and everyone staying at the hotel were very friendly. The breakfast was tasty and filling and the staff were also very accommodating, although please note during the week, breakfast finishes at 9.30am, after our morning swim we arrived at 10am and were told breakfast was over after speaking with the restaurant manager we were able to enjoy our hearty breakfast. The hotel has nice leisure facilities including; a pool, sauna and jacuzzi and the lovely lounge area has free wifi. Most of the rooms have flat screen tv's but my room had the old portable, adequate enough for me. The rooms are clean and tidy, but some could do with a small upgrade as they are showing their age a little. However, this has not stopped me rebooking for two other weekends this year! Good value for money, good food and welcoming and helpful staff.

Room Tip: I believe the rooms to the front of the building overlooking the square have been the first to be up...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank 63Andy
ScottHotels, Manager at Angus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear 63Andy,

Many thanks for your fantastic review, we are thrilled that your had such a great time at the Angus Hotel. I am fortunate to receive many kind letters from guests whom echo your comments.
My apologies for any confusion over the breakfast times, this matter was brought to my attention by the duty manager and corrective action has been taken.
We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Stayed at Angus Hotel for the weekend with a large group of girl friends aged from early twentys to late fiftys and an excellent time was had by ALL. The 70s DISCO NIGHT was fantastic from the great Meal , the 70s Act and finally the Staff, who nothing was to much trouble for them. We each had a good sized single room . clean , warm and we all made godod use of the leisure facilities , swimming pool , sauna ,ect which helped our aching feet after all that Partying..... Blairgowrie is a lovely small town with nive riverside walks and small shops to window shop. All in All The Angus Hotel is Fantastic Value for money, I could not praise it more highly.

Room Tip: some of the rooms are above the ballroom and the party nights are loud and do go on quite late, if...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank karen j
ScottHotels, Manager at Angus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Karen J,
I am delighted that you enjoyed our recent 70's disco tribute and thank you for providing us with your positive comments. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

Phoned the Angus Hotel to check availability for a weekend break, having seen a special offer on 5pm.co.uk. Turned out they did have availability, but the girl on reception was so rude to me, that I was put off booking. I would have thought the reason for doing special offers was to 'attract' new customers, not scare them away!!

Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Sharon G
ScottHotels, Manager at Angus Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2012

I am really disappointed that you feel our reception staff were rude to you. You are completely correct that we offer deals with 5pm to try and attract new business, and I am sorry you feel you did not receive the excellent customer service that is expected of our staff. If you would like to email, or call me, then we can discuss this further.
Tel-01250 877889 or Email-sales@theangushotel.com

Regards
Karyn Bell, Sales and Revenue Manager

Reviewed 25 March 2012

Stayed 23 & 24 march - Tina turner tribute. Good singer although I preferred her singing a mixture of songs Lady Gaga etc but then again Tina Turner isn't my favorite singer. Really enjoyed the 2 days away, hotel was very relaxing albeit our room (superior) was looking onto the local square or should I say triangle which at night became the gathering point for the local teenagers and those who had consumed to much alcohol resulting in a bit of noise but to be honest this didn't cause us to much distress. Good value for money weekend, breakfast was excellent with good selection. Haggis which accompanied full cooked breakfast was very tasty only negative would be the evening meals which went with the package. Would recommend opting to use £15 per person they offer to use in The Baytree lounge/ restaurant on first night, second night is not optional everyone eats set menu.

1  Thank Craig C

Dear Craig C,
Many thanks for providing us with your constructive and positive review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

my wife and I stayed for the weekend last October and had a relaxing and at the same time entertaining couple of days. A great base for exploring with some great walks in beautiful countryside. Food was good , a nice variety , really enjoyed the leisure facilities and had a really upbeat Saturday night listening and dancing to a Neil Diamond/Michael Buble` Tribute.This in my opinion is a really good place to stay

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank redimondo

Dear redimondo,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us last October. Thank you for providing us with this positive feedback. Our tribute nights continue to be very popular.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

this was a 2 day break with a tribute night thrown in. The hotel ,staff and food were very good although parts of the hotel could do with up grading BUT all in all it was very good value for money.There is plenty to do and see in the surrounding area walking etc.

1  Thank karen40-93

Dear Karen40-93,
Many thanks for providing us with your positive comments. I am pleased that you found the hotel, staff and food to be very good, we are continuing to refurbish areas of the hotel on an ongoing basis, as a family owned hotel we benefit from annual investment.
Once again, many thanks and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 20 March 2012

We booked this through 5pm and got a great deal, from the moment we arrived the staff were so friendly and helpful.

We decided to try the tribute night (madonna) the 3 course meal was beautiful, madonna was good and had a great night. The room was clean and spacious!

Food was great, bar price was good and cant praise the friendly staff enough

Will be back

Room Tip: We were in room 20 which i think is the older rooms, our bathroom window looked onto the pub across...
2  Thank Charmaine J

Dear Charmaine J,
I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay and welcome your positive feedback about the hotel. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Brian Robinson, Group Operations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairgowrie
Ivybank Lodge
#1 of 1 in Bridge of Cally
Kinloch House
Kinloch House
#3 of 6 in Blairgowrie

Been to Angus Hotel? Share your experiences!