“Kelly's Hen Weekend”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Blairgowrie
Musselburgh, United Kingdom
“Kelly's Hen Weekend”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

A party of 20 of us are just back from spending a weekend at this hotel for my daughter's hen and what a weekend it was. The hotel is lovely. Yes maybe the rooms could do with a little updating but the quality of bedding and the cleanliness of the rooms were great.
We paid £99 each for bed, breakfast and evening meal from Friday to Sunday and that included a Cabaret evening on the Saturday. The quality of the food we had for dinner was great, especially on the Saturday, with 3 choices for each course plus tea or coffee and the service was brilliant in the dinning room. Breakfast is buffet style with tea, coffee and toast being brought to you at your table. The buffet choices were great and the haggis was gorgeous and you had your usual fruit juice, cereals, yoghurts etc to choose from as well.
The staff could not do enough for us and made us all feel so welcome and I would like to give special mentions to Caley, Maria, Arron and Noel. The hotel was very busy and a big thanks to our fellow guests who joined in with our party and putting up with the rising noise levels our group managed to produce. We did appreciate this.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel and my husband and I are planning a return visit to one of their weekly Cabaret evenings. A new brochure will be out with full details of up and coming acts available from June.
I also have to mention the people of Blairgowrie. Most of us had never been to this part of Scotland and we were met with nothing but friendliness with all the pubs we visited making an extra effort for all our party to be seated together.
I can't thank everyone enough for making the weekend we have just had one of the best times ever away.
If your in this part of Scotland please try The Angus Hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 May 2014

The hotel organised our golf and transport to the three courses we played, along with the 2 nights dinner ,Bed & Breakfast the costs worked out very reasonable. There was a Beatle tribute band on the Saturday which some of our group enjoyed. A really good place to stay, friendly staff good food .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Just stayed at the Angus Hotel for one night, and it was enough. Please make sure you don't get Room 1, it's old tattty, with stains on the wall, marks in the bath, shoddy diy work in the bathroom and because it's right next to the corridor doors you'll hear every single person going in and out!

Bearing in mind that our booking was through Clasicc Britain, who supposedly guarantees "Best Room Available on Arrival" and that I emailed the reservations team in advance to advice them that I had booked the room as a birthday gift for my friend, I was actually mortified when I saw the terrible room they gave us. It didn't help either that the way to the pool is the weirdst thing I have ever seen, having to walk through the main events suite and by the housekeeping/laundry cupboard to be greeted by very old fashioned swimming facilities and a strong smell of chlorine which made my eyes water before I even got in the pool!

Good breakfast and nice staff, but the old rooms and the pool area definitely need inmediate care and attention

Room Tip: Ask for one of the new rooms!
5 Thank LoreaTH

Travellers are raving about these Blairgowrie hotels

Airdrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my one year old son and it was a lovely experience. It is located in the centre of the town 5 mins from the shops, supermarket (ideal for bits and pieces for as baby) and closeby to Davie park. The hotel staff were very pleasant and welcoming. Our room was a single room but exactly as we needed. It was a very clean and pleasant place to stay. As far as I'm aware they have a pool and other amenities but I can't comment as I never used them. We enjoyed a nice Scottish breakfast in the morning and left a full and happy customer. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed August 2013
Airdrie, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Just returned home from a fabulous weekend! The staff were amazing! The food and rooms were great value for money. The pool and spa nice and clean and added to our relaxing weekend. The Grease tribute was fantastic and included all parties in their entertainment. Will definitely be back and would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a nice relaxing weekend with some entertainment.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have just had the most amazing hen weekend at this hotel with 45 of my friends and family.The staff in the hotel were absolutely fantastic especially Kerstin as she was always on hand through email to answer any questions and help me to organise everything.During the weekend all of the staff were so friendly and helpful! The tribute night was amazing we all had such a great time! The beauty treatments were also excellent thanks to your lovely therapist! I'm sure a lot of people will be returning! Great place to have a relaxing girly weekend with great entertainment at night.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Just back from a hen weeknd in this hotel with 46 ladies and not one had a bad word to say about it! Had a fantastic weekend loved the grease tribute night! Food and rooms were lovely and the pool and spa just added to the weekend! Great value for money! Highly recommended

• Stayed May 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blairgowrie
Ivybank Lodge
Ballathie House Hotel
Ballathie House Hotel
#1 of 2 in Stanley
Lands of Loyal Hotel

Been to Angus Hotel? Share your experiences!