“Made our wedding day perfect!”
Review of Arden House

Arden House
Ranked #1 of 23 Kingussie B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We got married in Kingussie and chose to stay in Arden House for 5 days - before and after the celebration. Norrie and Jenny, our hosts, could not have been more thoughtful - from a bottle of chilled Prosecco and strawberries on our wedding day to coming to the Registry Office with us to take photo's and after to a local beauty spot, as we were on our own. The B&B itself is wonderful, we had a beautiful large room with king sized bed, en-suite bathroom with Victorian free-standing bath and the breakfasts were the best we've had! The pancakes with fresh fruit and greek yoghurt is highly recommended! The area is stunningly beautiful and there were so many spectacular local places to visit - it was the honeymoon we dreamed of! They recommended a wonderful restaurant just across the road for dinner and every day was an absolute pleasure. We can't wait to return for our anniversary holiday next year!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Tomatin room - large, king size bed, overlooking the front garden, en-suite bathroo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Our hosts, Julie & John were so accommodating. We only had one evening at the Arden House, but we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The home is lovely and the rooms are large & very comfortable. We'd had a long day hiking in Skye in 'seasonal' weather (sunny followed by wind & sleet followed by....) and the rooms were so warm and comfy. The bathroom is large and the tub luxurious. Breakfast was delicious and John provided many entertaining stories. They also have a very organized system - with hooks for each room to place our breakfast orders & signs on the tables so we knew where to sit. A terrific experience, I wish we'd had more time to stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank IA_Fortunate_One
Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

If ever B&B owners want a lesson in how to do it look no further than Julie and John. Every consideration is thought of and every need fulfilled. Julie's enthusiasm and warmth in particular is what makes ones' stay. Add to that a lovely B&B in beautiful surroundings, what do you get...the perfect B&B.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Von_Vibe
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Found this place on the internet. My wife and I were there for two nights and I must say it was one of the best B&B's that we have stayed in. The bedrooms were very spacious and clean, beds were very comfortable and the towels in the bathroom were very soft and fluffy. Breakfast was just out of this world (most of the ingredients were produced locally) it was really worth getting out of bed for. The location was ideal for a base for travelling wherever you fancied going throughout the highlands. Also I must admit both Norrie and his wife were EXCELLENT hosts. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KillieBigd
Reviewed 27 February 2014

My partner and I stayed for 2 nights in Arden House. From the minute we arrived we were made to feel welcome. The room we stayed in was spacious, spotlessly clean. The large screen TV was an added bonus and we have perfect TV channels, no fuzzy screen that can sometimes happen. The bathroom was big with a roll top bath, an added bit of luxury. Our hosts recommended 2 restaurants and we not disappoint with either of them. We would definitely stay again if we up in the area. Great experience and faultless. Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbie M
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Contacted the B & B by phone and the owner explained that he had a rooms available for that night. He made polite enquiries about why I was staying in Kingussie and when I mentioned that it was on business and also when I mentioned the name of the the client I was visiting he was happy to say that they often used his B&B for visiting employees - good start..

Arrived after 9.00 that evening and was welcomed by Norrie and was shown to my room. He then offered to bring me a 'wee dram', very welcoming indeed. Great room, warm, freshly decorated, new bedding and towels and very comfy bed. En-suite also very well appointed and spotlessly clean with great white fluffy towels.

Good nights sleep, probably thanks to my 'wee dram' and a long drive to Kingussie..............
Breakfast was one of the best I've had. Good selection of cereals, juice and fruit. Cooked breakfast was just perfect. Service was good and I couldn't have asked for any more.

Highland hospitality at its best. And all of this for a fraction of the cost of a chain hotel

Would I stay again, YES.

Room Tip: If you want to experience great Highland hospitality don't go any where else.............
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RegularTraveler1001
Reviewed 11 December 2013

stayed for six nights in october i have stayed in lots of b and bs but this was probably the best norrie and jenny are fantastic hosts and the room was really lovely. the breakfast was really excellent and i have recommended it to all my frinds if they go to scotland really well situated to see aviemore wildlife parks and most important the local distillary we hope to go back to this wonderful b and b next year

Room Tip: front room drumguish is really lovely
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingussie
0 mi away
#3 of 23 in Kingussie
Auld Alliance
Auld Alliance
#8 of 23 in Kingussie

Been to Arden House? Share your experiences!