“Not a good catch”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Award Winning Fish and Chips shop and Accommodation
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Been I'm the area for a few days. Fish and chips were mentioned and holding off for a few days we were excited to pop to kingussie for fish and chips. First impressions were staff seemed friendly and food displays were empty. Fairly quick service. Upon travelling back to eat chips were ok but really brown. Fish was tiny and more like a piece of battered air with little substance. Sausage was almost a redemption but batter was so so. Get out girls and find something you enjoy doing :-). A first and last visit I'm afraid :-(

Reviewed 18 May 2014

What's happened? We had 2 take-away fish suppers last night and was so disappointed with both the Fish and the Chips I dont think we will be going back!! The chips were soggy and dark brown in colour, it made me wonder just when exactly they had been made? The fish was tasteless and the batter was so thick I had to pick it off as I am sure it would have made me gag if I had eaten it!!! The batter was also soggy - how?? I thought fish batter (if freshly made) should be light and crispy?? This place used to be good but think from now on we will drive the extra miles to Aviemore for our fish tea!! The young girls were more interested than talking to their friends than concentrating on their service of work, maybe a more senior assistant should be on hand!

2  Thank UKGuest1801
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Tasty grub at reasonable prices served with a smile. Menu had wide choice. Parking available at door.

1  Thank jerryattrick
Reviewed 28 March 2014

We never miss an opportunity to eat here - so much so - we make sure when going further north we arrive up the A9 in Aviemore in time to eat our favourite fish and chips before going on! Smashing folk, excellent food, lovely desserts (that banana split is the tops!). We will be seeing you again soon Simon and the staff!!
Pauline and Ian

1  Thank Pauline M
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Sometimes this chip shop alters it hours unexpectedly. The Fish Suppers are not bad, but can be quite pricey to sit in and eat.

1  Thank Hazel D