“Beautiful stay!”

Ranked #2 of 22 Kingussie B&B and Inns
Maryland
“Beautiful stay!”
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I was looking for a short getaway from work in Glasgow. I wanted a place that was quiet and relaxing, and also near some of the outdoor attractions in nearby Aviemore without staying among too many tourists. I found Greystones and must say it was a an exquisite find! I was warmly greeted by Ann, one of the owners, and informed of the property and showed to my room. It was a very comfortable room with a beautiful mountain view. I was made to feel at home immediately and enjoyed the comfortable lounge area - they made a fire one evening as some of us guest were unwinding from the days excursions. The breakfast contains plenty of options for those wanting a large breakfast or those opting for a continental one. The owners also are very quick to provide you with their insights and vital information on the surrounding area. I liked it so much I decided to stay an extra night! I definitely recommend this wonderful B&B to everyone looking to stay in the immediate area.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are spacious and comfortable. I cannot really recommend one over the other as they...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Strathcarron, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2012

I stayed here for two nights while in the area on business.

I was greetee at the front door by the owner who explained the facilities and layout of the house to me before showing me to my room.

I was met by a very nice room with a gramd four poster bed... The bedroom itself didnt have a tv in it however the use of a tv was available in the communial living area.

Im not normally one to stay at a house with shared bathrooms - however this house only had around 4 rooms and the use of 2/3 bathrooms so it was not a problem at all.

I really enjoyes the peacefullness of this location, i did miss tv in the room however free wifi was available so i reccomend taking the laptop with you.

I will use this place again, and for a coulple of days layover its ideal.

• Stayed June 2012
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2012

A beautifully located hotel in a lovely part of Scotland!

We stayed here as part of a trip to the Highlands Wildlife Park for a 50th birthday. A great reception, as well as a beautiful breakfast in the morning. The eggs were exquisite! so orange - and we could see the hens running around the yard as we ate! :-)

The decor is a little dated, but with the style of house and the location it is all very fitting. lovely 4 poster bed, comfortable, heavy duvets!

A lovely area just for the guests as well. would definitely stay again if in this location!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Glasgow
Reviewed 16 January 2012

The B&B was lovely. The owners were friendly and helpful.

The rooms were clean, the bedding fresh and the power showers were fantastic.

My only complaint was the size of the breakfast. The food was delicious, but I'd expect a much larger cooked breakfast for £10 each. Only one small sausage each? Come on, you can do better than that!

I'd definitely come back, but I think I'd travel into the town or to Aviemore for a more substantial breakfast.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank timlardner
Zevenhuizen, Holland
Reviewed 9 October 2011

I've had a pleasant two nights stay at Greystones. Quiet location, friendly and relaxed, sensibly priced. Recommended.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2011

We stayed with 2 teenage girls and a dog for 2 nights in early August 2011. We all received an extremely friendly welcome, including from Doug, the Weimaraner. The rooms were large and comfortable, including one with a 4-poster bed. The situation is very quiet with lots of birdlife and red squirrels just outside. Bathrooms are shared but are of a good size, well appointed and spotlessly clean. Anne is very friendly and helpful and provides useful information. Breakfast was excellent - and I am fussy! Guests share a large comfortable dining/living room, and although no dinner is provided, we were able to eat a take-away there on one of the evenings. The village is a short walk away, though the return is quite steep. This is a very high quality B&B, ideal for families and those travelling with a dog.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Paris
Reviewed 7 August 2011

I spent one night in this gorgeous house. I really appreciate the warm wellcoming of Anne and the beauty and peace of the place - I was lost on my way to get there (I have a VERY bad sens of orientation) and Anne even came to pick me up !!! - Big nice room for myself, beautifully decorated, 5 stars service and breakfast for a very good price. Everything was just... perfect !!! Only negative point : I spent only one night there :-( this place is so good that one should definitly stay longer time

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo