Greystones B&B
Columba House Hotel(Kingussie)(Great Value!)
US$83
  • Restaurant
US$128
US$123
Hotwire.com
Very Good 4/5
McInnes House Hotel(Kingussie)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$149
Orbitz.com
US$158
The Star Hotel(Kingussie)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
The Glen Hotel(Newtonmore)
Average 3/5
All reviewsred squirrelslight breakfastfresh eggsshared bathroomother guestsisle of skyeold housefour posterbeautiful housequiet locationliving roomhelpful ownerscomfortable staytea and coffee facilitieslots of characterlovely hostscomfortable room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2012

A very belated review of this B&B after our stay last September ('11), with Jacob the labrador. This absolutely exceeded my expectations on every count and the breakfasts were amazing. The house is beautiful, and clearly well loved - the sort of place you feel immediately at home in. A huge and very comfortable four poster bed, as well as the fabulous location meant a really restful few days. Wholeheartedly recommended - and we will be going back!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank JHumblebee
JMarkJ, Manager at Greystones B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2012

Thank you.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

What a gem of a B&B! Probably the best I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in a few. Ann was very accomodating, even when I turned up with two dogs unexpectedly. I booked a single room and got a double four poster, which was very comfortable. Not ensuite (which is reflected in the price), but there were ample shared bathrooms to go around and I never had to wait. I felt more like a welcome guest than a paying customer, and Ann and Mark both went way beyond what I'd expect - it's obvious they enjoy their work. I chose the light breakfast option and got an amlost never-ending supply of cereal, fruit compote (which was scrummy), croissants and toast, which a choice of homemade bramble jelly (also delicious), marmalade, lemon curd, homemade raspberry jam and more...

The B&B is on the edge of the village in a very peaceful location (I'm a light sleeper so I really appreciated this), yet a very short walk into the village down the hill, so the perfect compromise for me. It's very handy for dog owners too - we loved being able to walk straight out from the house up to the woodlands next door.

To summarise, I would not hesitate to book again or recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in the area. Very happy!!

Room Tip: They are all beautiful as far as I can make out... ;)
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
JMarkJ, Owner at Greystones B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2012

Reviewed 24 September 2012

My friend and I stayed at Greystones for 2 nights early September. Owners warm, friendly and helpful. Booked 2 single rooms and had the choice of 4 bedrooms ( double 4 poster, 2 large single beds in large room, single bed in single room and a double room) We shared 3 bathroom/shower rooms. Multi fuel burner in sitting room. Fabulous breakfast paid optional extra. Have lived in Scotland for over 30 yrs and never seen a native red squirrel - within 30 seconds of entering my bedroom I saw one in the garden!
Came to the Highlands mainly to visit the Highland Animal Park which was wonderful and only 5 miles away. Also enjoyed the Rothiemurchus Estate with many outdoor activities and the CairnGorm funicular railway was spectacular, all only 11 miles away, just before Aviemore.
Kingussie is a lovely central spot for many local activities and I cannot speak too highly of the whole experience.

Room Tip: Large double room overlooking front garden afforded the squirrel sighting!
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
JMarkJ, Owner at Greystones B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Reviewed 25 August 2012

The owners of this traditional Scottish bed and breakfast were charming, helpful and went out of thier way to ensure that our parties stay was pleasant and relaxing. Set in gorgeous surroundings, the owners worked hard to ensure that all the guests felt at home and nothing was too much trouble for them.

I would reccomend this to anyone who is looking for an escape from the hum-drum of daily life - thankyou to Ann and Mark for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you.

Reviewed 25 August 2012

A late arrival in Kingussie (tourist board closed) so found Greystones by chance and glad we did. A beautiful Edwardian house with all the original features and loads of "stuff" to look at. Beautiful room with four poster bed (we were't expecting that). Shared bathrooms just outside the bedrooms so we made use of the supplied dressing gown. We went for the full breakfast and weren't disappointed. Just to complete our short stay the red squirrels conveniently made an appearance as we were departing.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple