“No need to fear!”

Alvie Estate Activities
Ranked #3 of 9 things to do in Kingussie
More attraction details
Owner description: Alvie & Dalraddy Estates offer a range of activities such as a Zip Wire Park, Quad Bike Tours, Horse Riding, Clay Pigeon Shooting, Archery, Estate Tours, Bush Craft Survival Techniques & Paintball.
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“No need to fear!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

I had my heart in my mouth when I started this but had no need to fear. The guide, Ali, was superb, all equipment and training provided. Its the nearest you may get to flying like a bird over the trees.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“An experience not to be missed!”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Only became aware of the zip wire trek this year although I am a regular visitor to the area. It was an amazing experience!
It will be on the "to do" list every time I come from now on!
Family group aged 9-63 and we all had a great time. I was the "back marker" and felt important as I had a radio!
Nick, the instructor, was excellent. He quickly assessed the group and gave us all appropriate advice.
If you are in the area and want something a bit different give it a go!

Visited August 2014
Aviemore, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Zipwire-Brilliant experience!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Nine of us were keen to do something memorable together over the hols and this was the best activity we did this year! It was an amazing activity over breathtaking scenery, excellent value for money and the staff couldn't have been more friendly. Although we were late for our booking(sorry!) it turned out to be a blessing in disguise as we missed heavy rain and had an unforgettable afternoon. Being a woose by nature I was very hesitant but Nick did everything he could to put us all at ease and by the end I was joining the others in mighty whooping! Can't recommend it highly enough! If you've not been yet you've missed out on a great experience.

Colorado
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Great family fun”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

If you have a family or any group who want to different activities, this is the perfect place to go. I found Alvie when I was looking for someplace where my daughter and I could ride horses while my husband and son went quad bike riding. I was contacting independent establishments and mapping distances when I came upon Alvie. I discovered we could do so much more. On a whim, I decided to email to see if they could help me coordinate all activities instead of me contacting each individual number for each and calling back and forth to coordinate times. Sarah responded and promptly and did all the coordination for me, saving me numerous calls overseas. I definitely recommend contacting the central office if you are going to do more than one activity. And there is so much you can do you can make a whole day out (or more than one if you have the time and are close enough. We drove an hour from around Inverness so only went one day. Drive was super easy, though, so I definitely recommend going even if you're coming from farther away. We all four did the ziplining in the morning and in the afternoon the girls rode horses and the boys went clay pigeon shooting. Ziplining was awesome! And our guide Connor was quite charming and attentive, making sure everyone was safe and comfortable. Definitely take a picnic lunch as there is no prepared food nearby. There are, though some lovely picnic tables right there by the office so I was happy I planned ahead. Go, go, go here.

2 Thank WorkingTravelMom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Zip Wire ~ Amazing time”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Myself and my husband and children aged 12 and 14 had a brilliant experience today doing the zip wire. Ali , the instructor was great, she was extremely patient and gave us tips on each wire, such as lifting your feet or when to brake. I am frightened of heights but after the first wire I was raring to go, even looking down . It was exhilarating, I never wanted it to end !. It is a great activity for all the family and at £25 per person for nearly 2 hours, I felt it was great value for money. We will come back. brilliant staff, very friendly.

Visited April 2014