We have just come back from our third stay at the Elmfield and, as always, we had a wonderful time. It's a special place to stay - Matt and Zoe can't do enough for you, the rooms are beautiful, everything you need, very bright and clean with lovely little touches - bottled water, lovely shampoos/ soap and very comfortable beds. A great swimming pool - basic, but warm and not too big/ deep; a fab lounge with a pull-down cinema screen to snuggle up in front to watch a DVD (a great selection of DVDs or bring your own), a nicely stocked honesty bar and lots of comfy corners/ chairs to relax and chill out in. A great breakfast - lots of fresh fruit and yoghurts and a lovely cooked breakfast - nothing is too much trouble. Ilfracombe itself is Ok with a pretty harbour, but the Elmfield is easily situated in the town to get out and about to National Trust properties, beeches (Woolocombe) and the gorgeous coast. We love it and will be back very soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lovely Victorian villa that combines contemporary style with a classic twist. The Elmfield offers the facilities of a luxury hotel, with the warm welcome and relaxed atmosphere of a friendly family home. There is a fully licensed bar, and games room, and the comfortable family lounge transforms into a cosy cinema in the evening. In the gardens is the pool house with heated swimming pool (Easter - October), and a summer house with terrace offering lovely views of the wilder valley. The grounds run down to a secret garden with fire pit and the soft sound of the stream as a relaxing backdrop. Available for whole house hire or individual room B&B basis. The Elmfield in Ilfracombe offers very competitive packages for exclusive use wedding weekends. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Elmfield Hotel Ilfracombe
- Elmfield Hotel Ilfracombe
- Elmfield Boutique Hotel Ilfracombe
- The Elmfield Ilfracombe, Devon