We have just stayed at The Elmfield and were very impressed. We stayed in the newly decorated family suite with our 3 year old son and grandparents. The location was great with just a short walk down to the Tunnels, South West Coast Path and seafront, yet the road it is on is very quiet. Beautiful stepped garden overlooking the valley. Lovely warm (hot !) pool which was a good size. Fantastic breakfasts (wanted to try all the options) Perfect place for children - games room, pool, trampoline and garden. Loved the decor and facilities for grown-ups too. Finally, the service was superb - the owner was extremely helpful. Would definitely love to stay again, and this time for more than one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A lovely Victorian villa that combines contemporary style with a classic twist. The Elmfield offers the facilities of a luxury hotel, with the warm welcome and relaxed atmosphere of a friendly family home. There is a fully licensed bar, and games room, and the comfortable family lounge transforms into a cosy cinema in the evening. In the gardens is the pool house with heated swimming pool (Easter - October), and a summer house with terrace offering lovely views of the wilder valley. The grounds run down to a secret garden with fire pit and the soft sound of the stream as a relaxing backdrop. Available for whole house hire or individual room B&B basis. The Elmfield in Ilfracombe offers very competitive packages for exclusive use wedding weekends. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Elmfield Hotel Ilfracombe
- Elmfield Hotel Ilfracombe
- Elmfield Boutique Hotel Ilfracombe
- The Elmfield Ilfracombe, Devon