“okish”
Review of Palm Court Hotel

Palm Court Hotel
Ranked #12 of 20 Hotels in Ilfracombe
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just back from DU 5 day tour. As stated by others it is a bit dated but the staff make up for it. The rooms are very basic and lack some details which could make your stay more enjoyable. However, it was clean and nothing was too much bother for the mostly young staff to deal with. It was cheap and in a really good location. After reading other comments thought it would be worst but as I have mentioned earlier the staff make up for most of the hotels shortfalls. Well done to them.

Room Tip: don't go to room 118
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 September 2013

Like other reviews,we found the hotel dated but not lacking in service and value for money.The buffet breakfast was superb and the evening meals very good.I was pleasantly surprised that my favourite spag bol
was on the menu for the first night of our stay!
The staff were friendly and attentive which made our stay very welcome and relaxing.The car was left in the car park for the week as buses passed the door to Barnstaple,Woolacombe and other towns.
A bit disapointing was the entertainment as I expected a cabaret every night but only 1 night with the very talented Sarah Devonshire was provided.
The room service was good with fresh towels every day and cleaning.
I recommend the hotel for a bargain break mainly for the older guest.

2  Thank fulhamgwent
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Basic but clean as listed Old seaside hotel with no pretensions but with the friendliest of staff and very good buffet breakfast ,good evening meal ROOM twin 2nd floor front could have done with a better configuration and decent shower but bath deep and with plenty of hot water, bed very comfortable gulls noisy from 4 am earplugs helped .All in all good value for money paid for coach trip from Scotland D U travel. Hotel Good location in town

Room Tip: seagulls noisy from early outside front rooms
1  Thank alecwemyss
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel from the 2nd to the 6th of September 2013 on a half board deal. The Palm Court is well situated in Ilfracombe with a short walk to the high street & harbour area.
The hotel is dated, and in need of a facelift, but that does not stop it in any way being clean, and very serviceable. The staff are very good in all departments, with the breakfasts and evening meals more than adequate with a good variety.
All in all, apart from the hotel being dated, it was an enjoyable stay.

1  Thank rayvic31
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Throughout the entire time I stayed at the Palm Court Hotel I receieved excellent service by all members of the staff

When we were travelling back to Wale I noticed that I had accidentally left my two rings at the Hotel. I immediately telephoned the hotel who assured mr that they would look for my jewellery and let me know if they found them. I explained that I had been staying in Room 206 and thought I had left them on the bed. I received a call from the Hotel to inform me that the rings had actually been found in the room and I was also told that these rings could be sent to my home address. I received them back in the post a few days later.

I would like to extend my thanks to management as well as all the staff that made our trip most enjoyable and also to commend you on the staff that you employ as they are a real credit to you and your hotel. The staff showed that they are not only hard working but also completely honest. The ringsthat I have had returned have special sentimental value to me as one of them is an engagement ring from my late husband.

I would like once again to sincerely thank the Palm Court for everything they did for me and I would definately recommend your hotel to others as it is a fanastic place to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank joyce p
Reviewed 10 June 2013

We stayed at the Palm Court at the beginning of June for 5 nights. The room was very comfortable and clean and the food was excellent. All the staff were very friendly and polite and nothing was too much trouble. Special mention must be made of Dana in the restaurant who really went flat out on Thursday to ensure that we were able to finish our meal in time to depart to see The Searchers at the Landmark theatre. We have never seen a waitress move so quickly when serving customers! We were very lucky with the weather, hot and sunny all week. The hotel is in an excellent location with it's own car park.
We will certainly return to the hotel in the future to see more of the lovely Devon scenery.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Janice A
Reviewed 14 May 2013

We went to the Palm Court as a party of 50.We found the staff friendly and helpful.
Our room was clean ,but a little dated, the public rooms were clean and well furnished.
We found the food was two star but that is what we paid for so that is what we got.
The entertainment at night was good ,our party all dance so the organist played for our dancing all night The Palm Court Hotel is two star but a good two star we will return.

Mickay