I think I should have checked google maps before booking Mullacott Park. The site is situated right beside the main A361 bringing all of the traffice from the M% motorway to a roundabout around 200 yards away. We had a small lodge that was immaculate inside and Devon is a great counti for repaxing, BUT..the road noise was unbearable as our bedroom was around 6 feet from the main road with constant noise. The decking could ouly be used if you wanted to take in all the fumes from the cars, trucks and busses passing!! Also the decking was totally in the shade.
I would recommend going to the beach in Croyde and Woolacombe which are just perfect. Ilfracombe beach is small but just right for a family and access to everything in the town is right there. Try the Tunnels Beaches in Ilfracombe, you will be amazed.
I only give one star for the lodge site at Mullacott Park but Ilfracombe and sourounding areas get 5 stars. I will come again to this area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning Locations, close to all amenities, such as Woolacombe Beach, Ilfracombe & Exmoor. Our Lodges offer Luxury to everyone, with a selection of meadow views, hot tubs and VIP plots. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mullacott Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mullacott Park Hotel Ilfracombe
- Mullacott Park Ilfracombe, Devon