We stayed here for a week's summer holiday. The lodge was clean when we arrived apart from some of the bedding which was damp and dirty.
The kitchen was equipped with a broken and mouldy dishwasher, barely adequate numbers of plates/cups etc, and a floor which was so slippery we had several falls/accidents. The television was un-watchable as the reception was so poor (we thought there would be freeview, but no - maybe this was our mistake).
For the last 2 days of our stay we had no hot water. This meant we had no shower/bath and had to boil kettles etc for water to wash dishes.
The staff were pleasant and tried to help but clearly had no authority to remedy problems. The out of hours telephone line for problems/emergencies was left unanswered. We have been unable to contact the owner since as he/she doesn't reply to emails.
This lodge was truly dreadful, as was the customer service, and we would urge anyone thinking of going here to think again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stunning Locations, close to all amenities, such as Woolacombe Beach, Ilfracombe & Exmoor. Our Lodges offer Luxury to everyone, with a selection of meadow views, hot tubs and VIP plots. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Mullacott Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mullacott Park Hotel Ilfracombe
- Mullacott Park Ilfracombe, Devon