“authentic Indian food, a real treat”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Rajah Indian Restaurant & Takeaway
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We were so pleased to find the Rajah open again as we have missed eating here. The food is not your average English version of Indian food, it is authentic food that you would find in the various regions of India. Goat curry is amazing so is the Cox's Bazzar, in fact all the "specials" are excellent and different from the boring run of the mill Indians. The Onion bahgee for starters are the best we've ever had, the same as in India light, fresh and served with a tamarind sauce. Go on, be open minded, adventurous and try true Indian cuisine!

1  Thank Jan W

Reviewed 9 November 2013

Tasty food including the onion bhaji and a really good lamb curry, friendly service, really enjoyed it. Thanks!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Beyond doubt the worst Indian I have had and I have had few. We had chicken korma which tasted foul and seriously smelt worse. I was almost sick at the smell. My special rice was boiled rice with a few peas and raisins! Honestly, do not go to this place. I should have known the minute I walked in and saw no one in there and decor from the 60's. Never write reviews like this but was genuinely appalled.

1  Thank Dave H
Reviewed 16 September 2013

The atmosphere was excellent, the food was amongst the best Indian food I've eaten! Highly recommended, don't just take my word, give it a try!!

Reviewed 12 September 2013

SIMPLY THE BEST tried lots of indian take aways nothing comes close to the rajah, nawabi rice , chicken pakoras, spicy fries and the sauce are beyond compare. the chicken tikka masala is 1st class DONT MISS IT

1  Thank dave191252