Ho hum, what to say. Booking in is earliest 3.00pm, so arriving as we did at 1.00pm was met with being told that. No compromise! We booked the Nelson (best?) room, top left as you look at it in pics with 4 poster etc, very nice. The rooms with sea views are above the drinking terrace which stays noisy until late with normal drinkers and children. The terrace I would have thought would be for hotel food only but people use it to eat their fish n chips from the nearby takeaway. Tables don't get cleaned, scavenging seagulls take advantage, knock over glasses = broken glass on ground. Breakfast was a shambles, do they actually have a chef? The management is poor / non existent and this I think is the real problem, it really does need managing and could then become a top notch place. For the price you'd find a guest house better value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel sits on the Harbourside and we have a waterside seating area two restaurants Carvery on Sundays and two bars open from 8.30am until late. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, LateRooms and Ebookers so you can book your The Royal Britannia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Britannia Hotel Ilfracombe
- The Royal Britannia Ilfracombe, Devon