This was our second visit here and as before we took a room with a wonderful view over the harbour. We kept the window open at night and enjoyed the sounds of seagulls and water lapping around the boats at high tide.
The room was clean and characterful.
But we regretted taking breakfast. It's advertised from 08.30. At 08.30 the place was like the Marie Celeste. The locals in the bar (who already had pints in front of them) took pleasure in watching distressed hotel guests. The first 2 people I tried to order coffee from refused to take the order and said we'd be attended to later. Eventually a cooked breakfast arrived but no choice of toast and no marmalade.
The bill at the end of the stay was a shock. Payment for the breakfasts had been taken without authority. She couldn't explain the total and put through a credit of £15. Shambolic!
Stay here to enjoy the location of the higher priced rooms but take breakfast in the excellent Adele's cafe down the road which is warm, friendly and good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel sits on the Harbourside and we have a waterside seating area two restaurants Carvery on Sundays and two bars open from 8.30am until late. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers and Priceline so you can book your The Royal Britannia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Britannia Hotel Ilfracombe
- The Royal Britannia Ilfracombe, Devon