Stayed here last night to round off a camping trip... I always get nervous as a single parent travelling with 3 kids but found the man who checked me in to be most welcoming and friendly and also helped carry my luggage up to my room. I was slightly early for check in but as it was ready he showed us to the room straight away. Was very pleased with our room and looked much nicer than the photos on the website. This is an old Inn and I loved the character of the place and was very pleased it was not over modernised !, I do hope the buildings charm remains in the future. However, the bathroom was modern which was a great exception and the shower good. Everything was clean and tidy.
The location is fab overlooking the harbour and I dont think you will find better.
Really enjoyed our cooked breakfast which was good honest grub and the portions were really good.
I cant fault it at all and wished I could have stayed another night or two.
Several really nice old pubs a few moments walk away including this one which are really my cup of tea... just wish I had the time to try them all !
Some people have said about it getting rowdy... my experience on this occasion was it was just people enjoying themselfs, having fun and it was not the sort of thing that mattered in any way. I would be glad to be able to stay here with my children again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel sits on the Harbourside and we have a waterside seating area two restaurants Carvery on Sundays and two bars open from 8.30am until late. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Royal Britannia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Britannia Hotel Ilfracombe
- The Royal Britannia Ilfracombe, Devon