“very good holiday.”
Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Ilfracombe
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This was our 3rd holiday with Alfa travel and my husband & myself thoroughly enjoyed it. The manager & his staff are to be congratulated, our room was clean & tidy and in the diningroom all waiters were efficient in serving the food always hot and a good choice, being diabetic I do require slightly different menu the main courses were very varied and met most of my needs, for dessert I had fresh fruit salad each night and for breakfast fruit salad and also toast & diabetic jam that the hotel provided( I was advised by head office to write to the hotel with any special needs ) all reception staff specifically Olga were very nice. Hopefully this will not be our last Alfa holiday.

Room Tip: Worth paying supplement for sea view we were in room 304. There is free WiFi on the whole ground flo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NewcastleEllie

Reviewed 18 July 2014

We travelled here with Alfa and our luggage was taken to the room for us. The room was clean and well kept. Checking in was very quick. Table service in the dining room was fast and efficient and the food very good with reasonable choices. Evening entertainment on 5 nights was musical, concentrating on the 1950 to 1970 and very little beyond that era The artists came on at 8.30 and lasted till 10.30. The bingo session lasted 15 mins. which was wonderful as it did not bring the evening to a grinding halt. Small but good dance floor. Reception staff very helpful especially the young lady. The bar reasonably priced but still selling only standard beer eg Tetley, John Smiths etc. As there is a brand new Wetherspoons 5 mins. walk away selling good beer this hardly matters.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GandPtips
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed as a family with two young children (9 & 6) in adjoining rooms over a weekend.

We had a good experience with friendly staff and clean comfortable rooms. Sitting out the front watching the sun go down as Ilfracombe life went past was very pleasant indeed ! It was a hot night and the front desk only had one fan left when we asked so ask early if it looks like being a warm night as the rooms (4th floor) were hot.

There was a coach load of senior citizens who arrived that day and there were some complaints about luggage taking a long time to get to their rooms, but it was a big group so to be expected I'd say.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I returned yesterday from a 7 day break with Alfa travel. I found the Imperial Hotel very satisfactory. The food was very good indeed, no buffet breakfast but very fast waiter service. My room was a single one, it was very small but adequate for 6 nights. Entertainment most evenings was enjoyable. My one complaint is this must be one of the few hotels I have ever stayed at where you can't get an alcoholic drink until 5.30 pm !!!! How odd is that ? People were having to leave the hotel to go to a rather grotty pub two doors down to get a drink in the afternoon. Apart from this I liked it very much

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Graham403
Reviewed 11 May 2014

we travelled to the Imperial Hotel with the coach company Alfa. The manager welcomed us in a pleasant manner and the staff were friendly and efficient. The waiters in the dining room were very quick and the food adequate. The rooms were very warm and clean if a bit creaky but that is to be expected. The evening entertainment was on the whole enjoyable. The packed lunch was very good and worth the money.

Room Tip: the rooms were allocated to us so I have no opinion.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Julia M
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights with my husband.The hotel was in a great location. Staff were friendly . Our room was adequate for our needs. This hotel caters for the older generations lots of coach companys come here but it wasnt a problem for us.
There nightly entertainment was rubbish to be fair.
BREAKFAST was lovely we had allocated table where the staff waited on us

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jacqui M
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel as part of a coach trip. The manager came onto the coach to welcome us which was a nice touch. The hotel is a little tired but is very clean. The staff are excellent and nothing is too much trouble. Food is excellent and there is a lot of it and a good variety. There is some entertainment in the evening which isn't to my taste but most people seemed to enjoy it. All in all I found if excellent value for money.

• Stayed: May 2014