Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel
Marine Court Hotel(Ilfracombe)
US$126
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnational holidaysfree drinksshearings hotelsshearings holidayself drivestair liftcoach driverweekend breaksmall liftevening mealrestaurant staffthird floorper dayupgraded roomentertainment roombuffet breakfastmeal times
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Just returned from the Dilkhusa ,I found it much improved from the last time we were there .
The room and restaurant had been upgraded and the staff specially Chris the waiter could not do enough for you.
Breakfast was somewhat small but this suited us as we did not want to over eat .
All our request were granted when booking which we have not always got when booking with Shearings who we regulary travel with .We wil definitely return despite the long coach journey via Gateway.It would help to know where the feeder coaches are going to.

2  Thank popBrighton
Pedro A, General Manager at Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear popBrighton,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. As you said, we are working hard to improve our standards and I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
I will pass your positive comments to the staff, and I am sure they will be very happy knowing that all their efforts and hard work have been appreciated.
Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in a near future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed here for a long weekend through National Holidays,£139,What a surprise i got,a 4 day break with 3 nights bbem and a seaview room!!!!
The hotel itself maybe a little dated,but it's dated in a nice "homely"feel.My room was again dated,but spotless and my only complaint(if you can call it that)is that it was so warm in my room that i had to turn the radiator's off!The 3 course breakfast was second to none with just about everything you could imagine on offer.
The evening meal was just the same but with 4 courses and a glass of wine.
You can't beat it!!!
BRILLIANT

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank jimboo71961

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your feedback is very important to us.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I will personally pass your positive comments to the staff.
Once again, thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again in a near future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

Just got home from a five day stay at the Dilkhusa hotel (room 106) and my wife and I really enjoyed our stay very much. Other reviews have mentioned It could do with updating but I found it clean and tidy with excellent staff. The food was good and the waitress on table two (Sara) was one of the nicest people I have met and added to our hotel enjoyment. I hope this review finds its way to the Dilkhusa Manager who I would like to thank and would ask him to thank his staff on my behalf.
Thanks again, Fred Jackson.

1  Thank Fred J
Pedro A, General Manager at Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Fred J,

First of all , I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments, which are very valuable to us.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass your lovely comments to the staff, specially Sara in the Restaurant, and I am sure they would be very happy knowing that once again, our customers appreciated their work.
As you said, all members of staff at The Dilkhusa Grand Hotel work really hard to provide excellent service and as I said before, I am happy you experienced it.
Once again, thank you for visiting us and for your excellent review, and we hope to see you again in a near future.

Regards.

Pedro Anzules

Reviewed 17 May 2014

Just got back after a 5 day break. Coach journey down is the only drawback on this holiday as it is over 12 hours from door to door. However, the coach driver was very good and pointed out things of interest on journey. The booking in was quick and efficent. We had a double room on the second floor small but clean. The food was better than the usual coach trip fare and well presented. We didn't go to the evening entertainment but heard good reports. All the staff were freindly,helpful and efficent. If you are looking for value for money then this is definately worth considering would I go back Yes.

2  Thank BungayBettyboop
Pedro A, General Manager at Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
As you said, we offer an excellent value for money with Excellent food, Great Entertainment, Good accommodation and Brilliant service.
Once again, thank you for visiting us and for your positive review, and we hope to see you again in a near future, here at The Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, or at any of the other fantastic destinations that Shearings has on offer.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

just got back from the dilkhusa hotel . hotel was very nice and clean the receptionist marie roul was very nice and helpful sorting our room out she said hotel was full but if one came available by our friends on the 3rd floor she would let us now and that she did thanks marie entertainment was bril I think we had the worst waiter kept we waiting couldn't make him understand what we wanted ; we spent far to long on coach 8-9hrs

Room Tip: rooms up to the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jennifer1950186332
Pedro A, General Manager at Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments. Your feedback is important to us and will help to keep improving where needed.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again in a near future.
Once again, thank you for visiting us and for your positive review.