“great holiday”

Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Ilfracombe
Leicester, United Kingdom
“great holiday”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Travelled to The Dilkhusa Grand on a coach trip. Lovely twin room, with dividing wall, so we were together, but had our privacy. Shower room needed updating, but was clean and adequate. The food was excellent and four free drinks a day was a bonus. The entertainment was great and all members of staff helpful and friendly. Well situated in lovely Ilfracombe.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank suemarb
Pedro A, General Manager at Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Suemarb,
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments.
Your feedback is very important to us and will help to keep improving our standards.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
As you said, we offer excellent service, good food, and great entertainment and I would like to thank you again for choosing Ilfracombe as your holiday destination, and the Dilkhusa Grand Hotel for your stay.
Hope to see you again in a near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
Horndean
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We have just returned from a 4 night stay at the hotel. The room was good, but bathroom needs a bit of updating. The meals were ok, but for my husband the quantities were not great. The drinks vouchers available each day were a real bonus. We enjoyed a relaxing stay in Ilfracombe having not been there for over 25 years. We parked car up in a street close by on arrival, and didnt drive again until we left for home! Lots of walking to do from Ilfracombe. A lovely place to stau!

2 Thank CazP100
Pedro A, General Manager at Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments.
Your feedback is very important to us.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay in Ilfracombe and also enjoyed your stay with us.
We offer an excellent value for money and as you said, the Bay Inclusive package
is excellent.
Once again, thank you for your visit and we hope to see you again in a near future.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Been here for 4 nights with friends had a fantastic time. Hotel a bit dated but hats off to the staff they couldn,t do enough for you so pleasant, helpfull and very polite. Lewis our waiter was training Flavio while we were there and was very patient with him well done Lewis. Was a different menu every night. Would definately come back again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank 263paula
Dear 236Paula,

Thank you very much for your positive review.
As you said, all members of staff work really hard to make sure our customers enjoy their stay with us, and I am happy you did.
I will personally pass your comments to the staff, especially Lewis.
Once again, thank you for visiting us and for your feedback and we hope to see you again in a near future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I have just returned home from the Dilkhusa Grand Ilfracombe, We found it much improved from the last time we were there some years ago. Parking upon arrival was easy and we were allocated a parking bay for the length of our stay for only £5.00 per day which was very reasonable. There is an entrance into the hotel directly from the rear car park for disabled persons which is very useful. The reception and restaurant areas appeared to have have been substantially upgraded. Upon arrival we were allocated room 113 as because I suffer from impaired mobility We had requested either a ground floor room or one near a lift and room 113 was right next to the lift on the first floor. Having settled down to a glass of wine to recover from our drive down from London, we were visited by Julie from Reception who advised us that we had been allocated the wrong room and requested that we look at room No 2 , which was a special room for disabled people with specialist beds and bathroom facilities, this room was very large and had been recently refurbished to a high standard. It also benefited from an excellent view of the pretty park situated just opposite the road from the hotel. Many thanks Julie we really appreciated it. It was excellent.
The food was very good at both breakfast and dinner, the portions seem to be getting smaller year on year, but the quality of the food was good and was excellently cooked and presented.
All the staff we came in contact with at this hotel were friendly and helpful, this included all the bar and restaurant staff also all the housekeeping and reception staff with a special mention for the Night Porter who had a very good store of local and historic information about the town and the hotel and was most interesting to talk with.
Finally I must praise the evening entertainment provided by the hotel, there were very few guests staying there at the time of our visit, but with a limited audience they worked exceptionally hard to ensure everyone enjoyed themselves, well done to all of them.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will stay at the Dilkhusa Grand again in the future.
We would both recommend this hotel to anyone looking for reasonably priced accommodation in the Ilfracombe area.

Room Tip: If you suffer from impaired mobility Room 2 on the ground floor is excellent with a great bathroom w...
3 Thank Rayad45
Pedro A, General Manager at Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Rayad45,

Thnak you very much for taking the time to post your comments.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I will personnaly pass your lovely comments to the staff.
As you said, we offer an excellent value for money with Good Food, Great Entertainment and Excellent Service. All the staff have been working really hard during 2014, to make sure our standards improve and customers get the best possible service.
Once again, thank you for your positive review and we hope to see you again in a near future.
brighton
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Just returned from the Dilkhusa ,I found it much improved from the last time we were there .
The room and restaurant had been upgraded and the staff specially Chris the waiter could not do enough for you.
Breakfast was somewhat small but this suited us as we did not want to over eat .
All our request were granted when booking which we have not always got when booking with Shearings who we regulary travel with .We wil definitely return despite the long coach journey via Gateway.It would help to know where the feeder coaches are going to.

2 Thank popBrighton
Pedro A, General Manager at Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
Dear popBrighton,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. As you said, we are working hard to improve our standards and I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us.
I will pass your positive comments to the staff, and I am sure they will be very happy knowing that all their efforts and hard work have been appreciated.
Once again, thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again in a near future.
Altrincham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed here for a long weekend through National Holidays,£139,What a surprise i got,a 4 day break with 3 nights bbem and a seaview room!!!!
The hotel itself maybe a little dated,but it's dated in a nice "homely"feel.My room was again dated,but spotless and my only complaint(if you can call it that)is that it was so warm in my room that i had to turn the radiator's off!The 3 course breakfast was second to none with just about everything you could imagine on offer.
The evening meal was just the same but with 4 courses and a glass of wine.
You can't beat it!!!
BRILLIANT

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank jimboo71961
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your review. Your feedback is very important to us.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I will personally pass your positive comments to the staff.
Once again, thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again in a near future.
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Just got home from a five day stay at the Dilkhusa hotel (room 106) and my wife and I really enjoyed our stay very much. Other reviews have mentioned It could do with updating but I found it clean and tidy with excellent staff. The food was good and the waitress on table two (Sara) was one of the nicest people I have met and added to our hotel enjoyment. I hope this review finds its way to the Dilkhusa Manager who I would like to thank and would ask him to thank his staff on my behalf.
Thanks again, Fred Jackson.

1 Thank Fred J
Pedro A, General Manager at Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Fred J,

First of all , I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your comments, which are very valuable to us.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and I will pass your lovely comments to the staff, specially Sara in the Restaurant, and I am sure they would be very happy knowing that once again, our customers appreciated their work.
As you said, all members of staff at The Dilkhusa Grand Hotel work really hard to provide excellent service and as I said before, I am happy you experienced it.
Once again, thank you for visiting us and for your excellent review, and we hope to see you again in a near future.

Regards.

Pedro Anzules
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilfracombe
Ilfracombe Carlton Hotel
The Royal Britannia
The Royal Britannia
#14 of 20 in Ilfracombe
Bay Valley of Rocks Hotel

Been to Bay Dilkhusa Grand Hotel? Share your experiences!