“fantastic”

Ranked #8 of 53 Ilfracombe B&B and Inns
Sticklepath, United Kingdom
“fantastic”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

If you want a relaxing and enjoyable holiday Epchris house is for you.
Bedrooms superb and very clean , lovely ensuite and very comfortable bed.Rooms are really spacious.
Breakfast is definitely worth having as it is absolutely delicious.
Nikki is an excellent host ,so caring and thoughtful nothing is to much trouble.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights as my friend was getting married at tunnels beaches. After a 6 hour journey down from Yorkshire we were a little early, but Nicky, the owner, took in in her stride and gave us a warm welcome. We were shown straight to our rooms and I was even given an option of two rooms!

Epchris was a stones throw away, or in layman terms a 5 minute walk down the same street! The location of the hotel was great, a lovely 20minute walk to the harbour. The gardens are beautiful and I enjoyed the added benefit of the pool. We were lucky with the weather the weekend I stayed, it was glorious. The room I had was clean and spacious with all the amenities you could need.

Nicky, the owner was lovely and was very helpful with her local knowledge of Ilfracombe.

Breakfasts were lovely. Food was plentiful, fresh and very tasty. Nicky asks that you complete your breakfast menu the night before, but if you change your mind its no problem!

A little gem of a B&B, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I were to revisit Ilfracombe. I would definitely recommend Epchris as your base if your are there for a wedding at Tunnels!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Yorkshire-lass79
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We booked Epchris House after reading reviews on Tripadvisor and were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived to be met on the car park and given a most warm welcome by Nicky. We had booked a Premier room and were not disappointed, it was superb,very spacious and comfortable. Everyone was very friendly and couldn't do enough for us. We would definitely recommend this hotel and visit again if we are in the area.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank moja51
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We stayed in June 2013 and found the B & B to be an absolute delight, stunning rooms which were spotless with fabulous views, with beautiful gardens and a lovely pool too. Full choice of continental or full breakfast available and very much enjoyed. Nicky, Rob and the boys really made our stay, we were welcomed liked an extended family. My partner had an accident on our first day, and the consideration from all was fanastic. Definately a place to vist again, and would recommend to anyone. Close to the town so that anyone able bodied can stroll in.

1 Thank Michael P
Doncaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We enjoyed a fabulous week (fantastic weather did help!) in this lovely family run guest house. Nicky, Rob and family were most welcoming hosts and nothing was too much trouble.
Epchris is a large detached Victorian house, beautifully decorated, clean and welcoming with a home from home feeling. There is a small lounge and honesty bar where you can enjoy the views of the magnificent gardens. There's even a heated outdoor swimming pool and baby pool. It was a tad cold getting in but once in, it was fantastic and all to myself too!! Loungers, table and chairs are around the pool too for non swimmers.
We were there for a wedding and initially booked four nights but ended up staying 8!! We just did not want to leave. Epchris is a 5 minute walk up hill from the town (Ilfracombe is hilly), however it was a gentle walk, we had a taxi for the wedding (high heals) which was only £2.50.
We stayed in the garden room. What a room!! A very spacious, clean, modern, light and airy en-suite room. It was like having our own apartment, with a indoor porch for storing outdoor clothes/shoes and the added bonus of a veranda overlooking the gardens and the magnificent views across the town! It has all you could want in a guest room and we felt very spoilt indeed.
Breakfast was in the main house, a hop, skip and jump away (brolly- in porch if needed) and very generous, cereals, fruit, yogurts, cooked breakfasts and as much as you could eat! There was more than we could manage each morning and it certainly kept us going most of the day, Nicky is a tremendous cook.
Thank you Nicky, Rob and family for a lovely holiday. What a gem of a place! Shush, don't tell too many folk we want to return!

Wiltshire
Reviewed 7 May 2013

We booked a one night stay based on the tripadvisor reviews, and were not disappointed. From the moment we were unloading the car we were made to feel welcome. Nicky came out to greet us, and show us to our room. The room was very spacious, and clean, and furnished to a high standard. It was about a 20 minute walk to the town centre and harbour, and located in a quiet area, so no complaints. We would certainly recommend this hotel, and will return.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I stayed here for two nights for the wedding of friends at Tunnels Beaches and loved it.

Nicky was a wonderful host throughout my stay, starting with her phoning me on the evening I was due to arrive to check all was ok as I was later than expected. I had been caught in torrential rainstorms and a road diversion, and was going to arrive later than the usual checking cut off, but Nicky was happy to wait until I finally made it.

I had a huge room on the top floor with very comfortable double bed and a single. It was spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated and furnished. The bathroom was large, with bath and separate shower, and a lovely view of Ilfracombe. There was a TV and DVD player, and lots of useful information about the town.

Breakfast was delicious, with cereals, yoghurt, toast and a range of cooked options. Each morning I was left full but wishing I could have eaten more! I didn't use the bar but it looked very cosy and inviting.

It was a 5 minute walk down to Tunnels Beaches, and a few more into town.

A great place to stay, and as someone used to staying in large impersonal hotels, I loved the personal touch found at Epchris house. Very highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ilfracombe
Ilfracombe Carlton Hotel
#1 of 4 in Woolacombe
The Collingdale Guest House
The Collingdale Guest House
#2 of 53 in Ilfracombe

Been to Epchris House? Share your experiences!