“Amazing guest house!!!”
Review of Epchris House

Epchris House
Ranked #6 of 52 Ilfracombe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Me, my new husband and our family and friends stayed here from the 3/9 till the 8/9 for our wedding at the tunnels!

Nicky and Rob are absolutely lovely! Nicky will go out of her way to make your stay extra special! She arranged a wedding breakfast for us the next day and was fine with people staying at other hotels coming too! Our room was decorated with just married decorations and banners for when we arrived in the wee hours of friday morning! And on the side was a card, a bottle of champagne and 2 glasses ready and waiting for us! We also noticed that whilst at breakfast the next day our room was quickly cleaned so when we went back we could just relax with each other which was lovely!

All the rooms are superb! Everyone loved their stay here! We had the garden room and then managed to fill the whole house! We had a good look round Ilfracombe and its guest houses and this is by far the best one! :)

We are now looking to go back every year on our anniversary to the Tunnels and will definately be booking the Epchris for our stay!!!

Loved loved loved it!!

Love the new Mrs Hooton x

Room Tip: The garden room is huge and nice and airy - ideal for doing your bridal makeup!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Myself and my family stayed at Epchris house over the bank holiday weekend ,Nicky and Rob where very welcoming and kind when I arrived on there door step earlier than expected with a damaged 3 tier wedding cake which didn't take kindly to the emergency stop we had on the way down, Nicky very kindly escorted us to the garden room which was going to be my Daughters room to rebuild the cake before my daughter arrived BIG THANK YOU, the garden room was amazing clean fresh and perfect for my daughters wedding,
As all the rooms were taken up by our wedding party I was able to view all of them and they where all to a very high standard and beds were made every day and clean towels supplied, also tea and coffee facilities available and mini bar in some rooms.
I would like to thank Nicky and rob for a really enjoyable stay it made sharna and jon,s wedding even more memorable and I would stay again and recommend to friends.
Oh and I am still trying to loose a couple of pounds from the lovely breakfast that we had to eat every morning ha ha xx

Reviewed 3 September 2013

Myself, family and friends stayed at Epchris house over the August Bank Holiday 24/8 -28/8/13 and I have to say that I was very impressed with everything about it.
It was spotlessly clean (which I think is a must), with wonderful decor that was both modern and relaxing, The bedrooms were very spacious, thoughtfully decorated, with well chosen, complementing furniture and large comfortable beds. The bedrooms were cleaned and re-made daily and there was a plentiful choice of not only tea and coffee facilities, but a nice selection of quality toiletries in the en-suite.
Nicky and Rob made us very welcome and were very thoughtful to keep a car parking space free close to the door so that my son (who arrived late) had an easier job of unloading his family and belongings into the house.There was an excellent choice of breakfast each morning and I always opted for the full breakfast which was cooked to perfection without any sign of grease. The bar was operated as an "honesty bar" and we simply recorded the items that we had against our room number which made things really simple.
There is a good sized swimming pool at the bottom of the garden and the garden is very well maintained, full of colour and variety. The hotel is only a short 5 minute walk from the Tunnels Beach venue where my daughter was being married, it's down hill which is great but to be honest it feels more like 10 minutes when you're climbing back (though a taxi from the seafront to the house costs only a couple of pounds).
Would I stay again?..................Too damned right! I couldn't fault it (and I'm a fussy so and so, just ask my kids!).
Thank you Nicky and Rob, it made the wedding occasion even more memorable.

Room Tip: Each room is individual with excellent en-suite facilities, the Garden Room is the biggest room but...
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Stayed two nights at Epchris House with my partner. Nicky and husband were very friendly and gave us tips on places to visit and how to get there. The room was lovely and spacious, clean and pretty. The breakfast was very nice, we had a Full English, but there are also other options including cereals, fruits etc. There is a pool outside which we took advantage of and outside seating areas which are nice for those sunny days. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed just one night with my husband and two sons to attend my niece's wedding at the Tunnels.
We had a warm welcome from Nicky. Two very clean and comfortable rooms with all amenities. We have stayed in 4 star hotels that could take a leaf out of this book. Only two words to say about the freshly prepared full plate English breakfast - Gold Standard!.
No issues whatsoever, just highly recommended.

Dee M.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

What a lovely hotel ! Nicky and Rob and family were so welcoming and we instantly felt at home.

We stayed in room 9 for 3 nights in August with our teenage son. This was ideal as it is a double room and single room interconnected . The ensuite wet room is accessed though the single bedroom. ( It is also used as a disabled room as the bathroom is adapted.)

With patio door leading out onto the patio seating area overlooking the gardens and pool it was a perfect room for us. We even had a table and chairs outside our door. The single bedroom window looked out onto the garden area of the owners private cottage where we enjoyed watching their lovely well behaved dogs playing.The dogs are kept completely seperate to the hotel but guests can request to meet them .

Beds were comfortable with fresh bedding and the whole place was spotless.Powerful hairdryer and well stocked beverage tray. One of the best showers we have ever used and well stocked with toiletries.Plenty of clean towels provided .

We couldn't access the free wi-fi in our room ,as the walls are so thick ,but could get it easily in the bar lounge area.

Next to the breakfast room is the bar area with a 'Honesty Bar' to serve yourself from a good choice of drinks.

The outdoor pool is on a lower level in the 2 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens and is accessed by steps. Nice and warm as it is heated , with sunloungers and chairs. We used the pool every day of our holiday.

The breakfast , which is pre-ordered the day before, was well cooked and you could tell good quality ingredients were used. Plenty of the cooked breakfast , toast, fruit juice, tea,coffee etc served as well as cereals, yoghurt and fresh fruit to help yourself to.We saw the local butchers van call each morning.
Breakfast room was spacious and airy and made for a good start to the day.

The whole hotel was spotless and immaculate and in such a peaceful setting.

Wasn't as bad a hill as we were expecting to it (AA route planner took us up a really hilly, roller coaster ride to it but we found an easier route out by walking the area during our stay) and we found it quite well situated for a nice stroll down to the harbour and town area.

I would recommend this hotel and will certainly book again for a longer holiday sometime in the future.

Thanks for making our few days with you so special Nicky , Rob and family :)

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed at the Epchris for two nights as my daughter was getting married at Tunnels Beach. I booked a premier room, it was spacious, immaculatly clean and very tastefully decorated. The bed was very comfortable. Several members of my family and friends also stayed here, we took most of the rooms and all of them were of the same high standard.
Nicky And Rob were so helpful and nothing was too much trouble for them. They even helped us out with a stray guest!
Fantastic place to stay you can not fault the Epchris.
Oh, and the breakfasts are amazing!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely!