“Fantastic food - Book & Go”

Take Thyme Fish Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 122 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Price range: US$3 - US$25
Cuisines: European, Irish, Seafood, Healthy
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Located not 50 yards from Ilfracombe Harbour, Take Thyme Restaurant provides fresh local fish, Exmoor steak and home-made dishes. We also have vegetarian and gluten free options.
Reviewed 3 August 2014

From the moment you walk in you are welcome, this is the kind of place you could spend hours and hours in. We booked up a week beforehand as the reviews suggested, good job we did. The food was amazing, fish,veg cooked to perfection. It's really a no brainier, book in advance and enjoy, you won't be disappointed. Well done Take Thyme team, keep the waitress as long as you can she fits in just nicely. See you next year. (Magician)

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

I visited with my wife while on holiday and I was impressed with the food. I had a juicy steak and my wife ordered muscles. While I was impressed with my order I could not keep my hands off of her food. I had no idea how good fresh seafood cooked well could taste. The owner and waitress were warm and their humour and charm made the intimate nature of the restaurant far more relaxing and helped set the mood. While we were served promptly on account of arriving at opening time I did notice those who arrived later in the evening had to wait a bit for their food as they do not have loads of staff. If we ever go back to the village we will definitely go back to this restaurant!

2  Thank Ichiban_Sensei
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I booked a table at Take Thyme from home a few weeks before leaving for Ilfracombe based on Trip Advisor recommendations. It was a surprise for my partner's birthday. Glad I did. The staff are so friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. The food, beautifully cooked, was complimented by a delicious wine. With a perfect ambiance, it really was a happy birthday.

2  Thank Geoff B
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I wanted to find somewhere a little special to go for the last night of my holiday and what a find this was! The staff were very helpful and friendly, service was great and food was fresh and delicious. I went with my 3 children - aged 20, 10 & 8 and we all felt very welcomed. My daughter is a coeliac and although I didn't call ahead, the owner and the chef were very accomodating to ensure that she had plenty of choice. Would definitely recommend as a place to visit if you are in the area and I certainly plan on returning the next time I'm in Devon.

1  Thank Lorna_VJ
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

As a local it's hard to keep finding good restaurants to go to. Take thyme is a gem. If you like fish then go. We had the last available table as they were fully booked and even then people were turning up and trying to get a table. The wine list is very good. As a wine drinker myself I was very impressed. We had the crab cakes for starter and hake for main with sea bass. Having never eaten crab before I was pleasantly surprised. The decor is lovely and clean and the young waitress was very polite. The owner was very attentive which makes for a lovely atmosphere in this restaurant. I would highly recommend going here. Happy customers here! 5*****

1  Thank dottypot123