“What a find!”
Review of Pensport Rock B&B

Pensport Rock B&B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ilfracombe
Pensport Rock B&B
Ranked #41 of 53 Ilfracombe B&B and Inns
Worcester, United Kingdom
“What a find!”
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stayed here because we were visiting family on holiday and were looking for something a bit more luxurious than their basic holiday let. We weren't disappointed! A warm welcome from our hosts Jackie and David and after a lovely but long day we were so happy to arrive back to our luxurious Lookout room. It was warm, spacious, stylish and spotless. A super comfy bed with crisp linens and puffy duvet. Flat screen TV ( to catch up with the Olympics) and a big shower to relax in after a full on day. We woke to see horses grazing through the window at the end of our bed and then watched a storm break from our balcony. Some lovely touches, a selection of books and CDs, fresh milk in a fridge just outside the bedroom door, radio and DVD player. The piece de resistance was a freshly cooked breakfast served by our charming host Jackie - absolutely delicious and no need for lunch after such a feast. Next time we're in Lee we'll be sure to stay again - wouldn't dream of staying anywhere else!

Room Tip: The lookout has a kingsize bed and plenty of space and headroom. Good news for taller people.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Oxford
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I can only echo the other reviewers comments, this is a gem of a B&B.

I stayed in the "Beach Hut" room for four nights as a solo traveller. The room was light, spacious, comfortably furnished and very nicely decorated (with, as befits the name, a tasteful 'seaside' theme) and has a lovely view over the fields. Lovely bathroom with a good powerful shower, just the job after a hard day's cliff top walking. I particularly appreciated the little shared fridge which was supplied with fresh milk, no need to put up with nasty UHT if you want to make yourself a cup of tea.

Jackie's breakfasts are great. I'm veggie so 'just' scrabbled eggs, mushrooms and tomatoes for me, but really beautiful scrambled eggs and enough to get me through the day with no real need for lunch. I've no doubt that carnivores are also well catered for.

It's a really quiet and peaceful location, so if you yearn for bright lights and noise then it probably isn't for you. Ilfracombe and Woolacombe are both an easy drive away and have plenty of restaurants. Lee village is a pleasant stroll down the hill, about a mile; allow at least ten minutes more to get back up though, it's very steep. There's a really good pub in Lee which does proper, home-cooked, evening meals; walking back up the hill will save you from having to drive and burn off some of the calories you've just consumed. Lee is also the access to the coast path and some of the best walking to be had anywhere.

Of course what really makes a B&B are your hosts. Here you are certainly lucky. Jackie and David make you feel really welcome, they know the area and will make sure you have a great stay.

Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 August 2011

I stayed at this superb b&b as a solo traveller on two separate visits in July 2011, I have stayed in both the 'beach hut' and 'look out' rooms. It is tucked away in very peaceful surroundings, less than 5 mins drive from Lee bay and 10 mins to Woolacoombe beach - perfect if you're after something relaxing away from the hoards of holiday makers.

The rooms are decorated to high standards, both with very comfortable beds and excellent showers and everything is spotlessly clean. Obvious care and attention has been paid to details; super soft bed linen, hair dryer/straighteners, tvs have built-in dvd players and both rooms have a small selection of books, magazines, music and dvds available. The colours and furnishings create a relaxing and airy atmosphere, no nasty chinz or musty whiffs here!

There is also a shared fridge for guests which I found very handy for keeping my picnics chilled. The larger of the two rooms has a wonderful balcony with a beautiful green views, the sea is also visable on a clear day. Unlike many b&b's, this place has clearly been well sound-proofed.

The stunning Lee Bay is approx 30mins walk downhill, there is a village shop, a pub and a tea shop there, the costal path is can be picked up from there but it is not for those shy of gradients.

The breakfasts are superb, all fresh quality produce and sucessfully satisfied my fussy and greedy eating habits. Jackie's scrambled eggs are winner!

The owners Jackie and David are very hospitable, down to earth people and will ensure you'll have a great stay. This place is exceptional value - a true gem.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2011

I travelled as a lone tourist for two lovely nights and this BnB was so welcoming and personal. I slept in the 'Beach Hut' room which was spotless, very comfy and I love the seaside decor. The breakfast was amazing- set me up for a whole day walking the coastal path! There are walks on the doorstep or just a short drive away. I was treated so well I simply have to go back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Germany
Reviewed 24 June 2010

We stayed in The Lookout for 1 night, an extremely comfortable room with its own balcony. It was all even nicer than the website's photos. The kingsize bed was divine - the owners sleep on the same bed themselves. Everything was spotlessly clean, the furnishings were gorgeous and the shower excellent. It was a room you felt really at home in.

Breakfast was served in the conservatory and was simply delicious. Most B&Bs advertise their breakfasts as local produce and sometimes that turns out to mean from the local Lidl. Jackie's breakfast was the real McCoy and as tasty as it gets.

Pensport Rock is a little out off the beaten track but well worth the journey. We checked out the route on google's streetview and had no problem finding it. We like off the beaten track, it means quiet and peaceful. Our loudest neighbours were the cows in the field. It's a shame the weather was so cool, the balcony with its view of the fields and the sea was so inviting.

I rarely book a B&B that hasn't a review on Tripadvisor but I took a chance with Pensport Rock and it paid off. Jackie and her husband deserve to be on here. Their warm welcome was much appreciated and their B&B has to be the best in the area.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple