“A lovely experience”
Review of Gabriel House

Gabriel House
Ranked #8 of 52 Ilfracombe B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 August 2014

This is a very small establishment, so when I arrived early, I was not surprised that the hosts were not available...but they had left a mobile number and directed me to my room.It was beautiful...with a sea view to die for.Isought out my hosts during the evening to order my breakfast..they were charming and welcoming,
Breakfast...Wow I had ordered the works..eggs/bacon/sausages/mushrooms/beans/tomatoes/black pudding..absolutely fabulous..and then they had MARMITE !!!! Top rated stay

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Lovely B&B opposite the Theater with sea views has parking. We had a beautiful room and were well looked after by the owners. Fantastic breakfast which you pre order the night before. Would definitely stay again, but as only three rooms available make sure you booked well in advance.

Room Tip: Ask for sea view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Just returned from a lovely stay at Gabriel House, Tricia offers a very warm welcome and couldn't have been any more helpful. Our room (Enya) was good and the breakfasts were superb, lovely locally sourced produce, Tricia and John really made the stay a joy and I would certainly not stay anywhere else when returning to Ilfracombe.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We had a lovely room with bay window overlooking the sea and the children had a twin room with the same view. The room was spacious and tastefully decorated. John and Patricia were both very friendly and breakfast choices were excellent. Safe off road parking although a little difficult to find and very steep slope up to the house. Would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 6 August 2014

just had a short break, room was very clean, excellent breakfast outstanding value for money Great choice for breakfast..Very centrally located.Would definitely visit again.Highly recommended must go back again soon.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I had such a wonderful time at Gabriel house. I was greeted by the lovely Tricia and led to my beautiful room that overlooked the beach, practically a stones throw away from the hotel. There are so many positive points I could sit here and tell you about- the delicious breakfast, fantastic location, kind hosts who even gave me a lift to my friends bnb, small touches in the room- the beautiful body creams and comfiest bed ever with the view of the waves as I woke up!

My stay at Gabriel house just topped off an already great weekend, as I was in Ilfracombe for my best friends wedding. I would highly recommend this place to friends and family. Thanks, and I will defintely be back!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Taity22
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had made a reservation earlier and when we go to Gabriel House, we were so surprised to be ushered into the best room in the house!! The view was outstanding-right on the water and the most spectacular view of the shoreline. We would for sure book this one again on our return.

Room Tip: Book early as there are only a few rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple