“Very good as usual”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Tel No. 01271 862823 email - lindsay.basils@yahoo.co.uk
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Last minute booking but we were made very welcome as usual. Good food, service and atmosphere. I have no hesitatiion in recommending you go there.

There are newer reviews for Basils

Reviewed 31 May 2014

This restaurant has the feel of dining in a front froom - it is quiet and welcoming and the food was delicious.The menu isn't extensive but I felt like every one of our meals was prepared with love and care. A great touch was the chef coming out from the kitchen to ask how we enjoyed our meal and we all complimented her on the cooking. The price was fair and if you're looking for a quiet gentle place to eat then look no further than Basils.
PS due to its size I would say its not the place for young children as there was no space for buggies etc although I am convinced they would try to accomodate you if you really wanted to eat there - the staff were very friendly and helpful

BasilIlfracombe, Owner at Basils, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review it is always a pleasure to know that someone has enjoyed their visit to us hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 28 May 2014

A cosy little restaurant, with a very friendly welcome and a good menu. Not wildly exciting, but nicely cooked food, plenty of choice and sensible prices. The house rose wine was delicious and service was excellent. Recommended.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Great food and great atmosphere. Very good serving and choice of menu. Will definitely recommend to anyone in the area

Reviewed 15 May 2014

It was very slow and a lot of places were shut while I was in Ilfracombe, but the first night this lovely little spot was open. The only tables that night were mine and group of gentleman.

I had an incredible starter of the soup of the day. It was delicious and very flavorful. The waitress was kind and attentive and offered up tips about the town and the menu. As the dinner carried on, the owner came out and chatted to the group of gentleman, gradually they drew me in and invited me to their table. I also met the famous Basil for which the restaurant was named, the owner's dog.

It was a great night and food and really made the more special by the owner and her gentility. Would definitely recommend again and again.

BasilIlfracombe, Owner at Basils, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you so much for your kind comments it was a pleasure to meet you too