“Great place”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Tea Room
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We sat outside on a lovely summers day and were immediately served in a polite and friendly manner. Cod and chips were fresh and hot. Definitely a lovely place for a little snack or main meal.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were after a simple and 'healthy' lunch plus somewhere where dogs are welcome and found the Curiosity Cottage. We didn't fancy having chips or anything heavy/stodgy and walked passed all the chips shops by the harbour and walked passed the Curiosity Cottage and the menu appealed to us. Our bill came to £13 for two pots of tea, crab salad and pasty & chips.

We were pleasantly surprised, plenty of choices on the menu, reasonably priced, good value for money, quick & polite service and best of all we weren't rushed to finis our food and leave. We could have sat there for a while and relaxed in their garden but when you have a dog on holiday with you, especially a nosy terrier, we needed to make a move.

I had crab salad which was a big portion (two large tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, lettuce, sweetcorn, boiled egg and crab meat) which was free of dressing so I can control how much mayo I put on. My husband had pasty and chips and a pot of tea each. Excellent service and will visit again.

1  Thank telerijj
Reviewed 12 August 2013

Just a quick stop on the way to the nearby crazy golf with our group of three adults and three kids. We all ordered something different and it all appeared in a remarkably quick time. My ham and cheese omelette was one of the best I've ever had and the chips are superb. Quick and polite service, excellent food and a very reasonable price; what more can you ask for of a cafe?

1  Thank DinoC61
Reviewed 31 July 2013

My husband son an myself ate in the curiosity cottage on saturday 27th july 2014. There cream teas are amazing ! Home made warm scones delivered to your table. Would reccomend to anyone

1  Thank Emma B
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We stopped in Ilfracombe on our way home from a 3 day break in Woolacombe. My partner and I both craved for a cream tea and whilst driving through Ilfracombe my partner pointed out The Curiosity Cottage so we parked up at the harbour and walked back towards the cottage in 2 minutes.

A very picturesque, quirky establishment with some very friendly staff. The place was clean, very well kept and the scones were huge and served warm - delicious!

We saw other people's food and it looked delicious! Would defiantly recommend and would defia

1  Thank usernameHerts