“Afternoon visit to Chambercombe Manor” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 35 things to do in Ilfracombe
Leicester, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Afternoon visit to Chambercombe Manor”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Visited Chambercombe Manor whilst on holiday in Ilframcombe. We had tea in the tea rooms which was good, and then had a guided tour around the house. Very informative guide, and an interesting place to visit if you are near Ilframcombe.

1 Thank 695helenf

Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“I love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Massive thump on the door when we went in, then some dead guy grabbing me round the thighs, the tour guide was brilliant as well.

1 Thank Rachel P
Chester, United Kingdom
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“'Ghostly' Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

Recently visited Chambercombe Manor whilst on holiday in Ilfracombe. Very interesting guided tour. I was in the dressing room listening to the Guide when I kept having to turn round as I thought there was a draught coming from an open window behind me, the window was completely shut. When the party moved to the next room the 'chilly' feeling went completely. We finished the tour in the Great Hall and as photos were allowed and being very interested in antique furniture I had taken a photo of the oak display cabinet and one of the Winscot chairs by the fireplace. We had time after the tour to wander round the garden and have refreshments in the café. When we returned to our Hotel, I was checking the photographs on my camera and on the photo of the Great Hall at the side of the chair by the fireplace, was an image of an old bearded man. I had purchased the book about the history of the Manor before we left and evidently there has been a ghostly experience of a bearded man thought to be a quaker in the Great Hall! Would love to return to Chambercombe Manor for another visit if ever in the area.

1 Thank janus274
Newcastle-under-Lyme, United Kingdom
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 77 helpful votes
“Always interesting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2014

Been to Chambercombe Manor on two or three occasions. It was featured on Most Haunted on Living TV some years ago. Really interesting and plenty of historical value. The little cafe outside of the manor is really lovely and has quite a varied menu for a small place.

1 Thank linds190819
London, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A hidden gem.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This was my third visit to Chambercombe Manor and my third guided tour. Once again the tour was excellent and considering its not the biggest place in the world, I've learned something new on each visit. The tour guide was enthusiastic and knowledgeable. You are allowed, even encouraged to take photos. It's a delightful example of a rural manor house with some really interesting exhibits. The ghost stories just add to the atmosphere.
Outside the tearoom is immaculately clean and the food is good. Staff throughout the building are helpful and friendly. Will I be going back? Definitely!

1 Thank GarryJW