“Spooky and a good snack”
Review of Chambercombe Manor

Chambercombe Manor
Ranked #3 of 42 things to do in Ilfracombe
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Great fun and a good Guide, would be good for a ghosty weekend, nice afternoon Devon Tea, and grounds to walk around, happy staff

1  Thank John G
in 5 reviews
"amazing history"
"gift shop"

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Visited Chambercombe Manor whilst on holiday in Ilframcombe. We had tea in the tea rooms which was good, and then had a guided tour around the house. Very informative guide, and an interesting place to visit if you are near Ilframcombe.

1  Thank 695helenf
Reviewed 1 July 2014

Massive thump on the door when we went in, then some dead guy grabbing me round the thighs, the tour guide was brilliant as well.

1  Thank Rachel P
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Recently visited Chambercombe Manor whilst on holiday in Ilfracombe. Very interesting guided tour. I was in the dressing room listening to the Guide when I kept having to turn round as I thought there was a draught coming from an open window behind me, the window was completely shut. When the party moved to the next room the 'chilly' feeling went completely. We finished the tour in the Great Hall and as photos were allowed and being very interested in antique furniture I had taken a photo of the oak display cabinet and one of the Winscot chairs by the fireplace. We had time after the tour to wander round the garden and have refreshments in the café. When we returned to our Hotel, I was checking the photographs on my camera and on the photo of the Great Hall at the side of the chair by the fireplace, was an image of an old bearded man. I had purchased the book about the history of the Manor before we left and evidently there has been a ghostly experience of a bearded man thought to be a quaker in the Great Hall! Would love to return to Chambercombe Manor for another visit if ever in the area.

1  Thank janus274