“The manager is a star!”
Review of Embassy Cinema

Embassy Cinema
Ranked #2 of 5 Fun & Games in Ilfracombe
Reviewed 11 April 2014

The manager came to my rescue when I found the entrance of the cinema had a few steps I would be unable to surmount with my mobility scooter. No matter, the manager showed us which door to go to where he met us with his trusty ramp so that I could drive straight into the theatre, up the aisle and into a small area ideal for parking up. We enjoyed the new Captain America film with a few other cinema-goers on an otherwise wet and miserable day.

Many thanks for your help and kindness.

2  Thank JuJu-of-Hampshire

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Fabulous cosy cinema All the best new releases on Cheap admission price too My only concern is how quiet it was on a friday night. Worried that it will close if not enough people go regularly. We will definitely go again

2  Thank LeicesterProperjob
Reviewed 16 February 2014

A great independent cinema with small intimate screens. Screen 7 with its leather seats and masses of leg room is very impressive. Some parts of the building are showing their age, but all the projection and sound equipment is first class. There is a nice bar area so you can have a drink before the film starts and the whole experience is welcoming and friendly, helped in no small measure by the manager and his staff. And to top it all, the entry prices are extremely reasonable putting the larger chains to shame. We cant recommend this cinema highly enough.

2  Thank 390IanH
Reviewed 15 February 2014

What a gem - a Cinema on the High Street not out of town! Joined the local Film Club, met new friends and have seen all sorts of films I wouldn't normally watch - as licensed we can even have a drink afterwards

3  Thank JillyMSC
Reviewed 9 February 2014

A small cinema with plenty of choice. Open early afternoon to late evening with a very varied choice of films in several screens. They offer a merlin cinema club membership which allows a discount for every visit during the year. Get watching!

1  Thank wiselady1950