“Lovely little find”
Review of The Tea Garden

The Tea Garden
Ranked #29 of 122 Restaurants in Ilfracombe
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We stopped here for a light lunch after our boat trip around Ilfracombe. Garden is lovely and so well maintained. We both had salads, one prawn and another smoked fish. Not small portions ad really tasty. Lovely place, lovely staff. Service was fast even though they were busy. Also would like to commend them for their 'shirts on' policy - can't stand men with no tops on at restaurants!!

1  Thank Clokies

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Went for a day trip to Illfracombe whilst holidaying in Devon. Whilst wandering along the path passed this gorgeous attractive tea garden. Glad we were drawn in, we had a mini cream tea (one small scone with jam and cream - both not small portions!!) and cup of tea. Lovely clean and tidy appearance, garden immaculate. Staff very efficient and friendly. Excellent value for money. Whatever you don't walk passed it without a visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

After deciding to go with somewhere that offered an outside shaded area we chose "The Tea Garden" the menu was varied with Jacket Potatoes, Sandwiches, Salads, Teas etc. I went with a Jacket and that came out loaded up with topping and a very nice side-salad, my wife had a sandwich which she enjoyed, while my parents both had Toasties which were perfectly done.

It wasn't badly priced and the staff were lovely throughout. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 11 June 2014 via mobile

Came to visit Ilfracombe for a weekend, had a great time and just to top it off, the day I left I stopped at The tea garden as advised by a local elderly couple. The food was speedy and very nice! The waitress staff seemed to be very attentive to every table and I'd like to specially mention Grace who looked after us and made our last day absolutely great! Will definitely be returning next visit!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Whatever you do don't walk pass go in, we went to Ilfracombe for 3 days and went to the tea garden twice for our lunch, both days we had salad, it was one of the best salads I have ever had out, I chose crab salad as I was in a fishing port & I was not disappointed it was so fresh and what a large portion, the salads also come with a roll, I am gluten intolerant and it is very difficult to find places that cater for me, but here it was not a problem as not only do they do gluten free bread but also cakes. The staff are only young but they are very pleasant and provide an excellent service, nothing is too much trouble & both times we visited they checked that all had been ok with our meals, it is mostly definately worth a visit. Well done to you all.