“Excellent Riding Stables”

Mullacott Equestrian Centre
Reviewed 11 August 2013

Went to Mullacott stables for the first time and really enjoyed my 1 hour ride around their farm land lovely views of Ilfracombe. The horse (cobweb) I had was lovely and well looked after. Everyone on the ride was catered for as their was a few who had a lot of riding experience, some that had a little riding experience like myself and some who had never been on a horse before everyone enjoyed themselves and the staff that went on the ride looked after everyone so well and no one was left behind. Had a great time and will definitely go back and reasonably.

8  Thank Hayley A
in 11 reviews
"track"
"fab"

Reviewed 27 July 2013

My two children and I rode at Mullacott on a one hour hack. The instructors managed the groups different levels of experience expertly, and everyone had good, safe fun.
The horses and ponies were well schooled and very enjoyable to ride.
Thanks everyone my children said it was the best bit of the holiday!
Say hi to Axel, Bracken and Crystal for us!

6  Thank KismetK8
Reviewed 25 July 2013

Everyone loved it including the horses, lovely sunny morning, couldn't be better. Exhilerating. Very well organised.

6  Thank eileenc395
Reviewed 10 July 2013

I visited my friend who stables her horse at Mullacott Equestrian Centre last month (June 2013) and I got to ride a couple of their lovely horses (Crystal and Magic). I had a fantastic weekend which included a beach gallop and a couple of hacks around the beautiful countryside. The facilities were great and the staff were so helpful. Hannah who runs the place could not do enough to help and to make sure I had a great time. The horses are lovely and as there are so many to choose from they can help you find the perfect partner for your ability and choice of ride. Shortly after I was there they were commencing with building a new indoor school, so I can't wait to see how that is when I next visit.
I cannot recommend Mullacott Equestrian Centre highly enough. If you want a fantastic equestrian experience during your holiday or if you are lucky enough to live close by, then give them a call.

5  Thank Gen1708
See more reviews
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Set in beautiful North Devon with views overlooking the sea and far reaching countryside. Mullacott EC is situated next to a holiday park, right on the main road (no mile long dwindle down a far flung dirt track) and within easy reach both by car or regular public transport from nearby Barnstaple, Bideford, Woolacombe, and beyond. Extremely welcoming and friendly staff and riding instructor who made myself and my partner feel at ease right from the beginning. My partner had never ridden a horse before and I had lost my confidence a previous fall so we were both a little apprehensive. However the riding instructor was fantastic very patient and positive. There are a range of horses of all shapes and sizes and they all will look after you. Providing you are honest about your ability they will match you with a suitible horse. The horses are all willing with gentle and laid back horses for absolute novices and children, with more forward going spirited horses for the more able rider. There is a fanastic newly built indoor arena so you dont have to rely on the weather to be just right plus there are some decent hacks to be had around the farmland which is privately owned by the stables and for customer and livery sole use - no dog walkers or members of the public to get in your way. The centre also offers beach gallops and day exmoor rides. Whilst a little pricey in this respect you are guaranteed a really enjoyable day out and discounts are offeeed for large groups. Cannot recommend this riding school enough. They also offer a livery service.

7  Thank Horselover89